• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Bracken - bowl length

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I need to get this message out to him.

BOWL LENGTH DELIVERIES, I beg of you. You do it in FIRST CLASS and at the BEGINNING of ODIS and it works JUST FINE.

Your AROUND THE WICKET RUBBISH may have got you a 5-fer in the stupidest match of all time, but in real life THIS WILL NOT WORK.

If you happen to bowl an average ball, DO NOT GO AROUND THE WICKET. Instead, SIMPLY DON'T BOWL HALF-VOLLEYS AND FULL TOSSES.

Your awesome CUTTERS SHOULD BE BOWLED BACK OF A LENGTH the vast majority of the time. Please also note that CUTTERS ARE NOT YOUR STOCK DELIVERY and should be bowled at most twice an over.

If you follow these basic instructions, your ODI Average will finish on the right side of 25, and you can be one of the BEST 20/20 BOWLERS IN HISTORY.

Your extremely frustrated, yet number one fan,
Nath Patrick

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bracken would certainly have not clicked that thumbs-up symbol at Patto's latest status update, anyhow.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just looking at that Myspace page now. How on earth do so many people who have added "him" as a friend, actually think it's him? :laugh:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Just looking at that Myspace page now. How on earth do so many people who have added "him" as a friend, actually think it's him? :laugh:
Presumably all of them.

What are the chances that it is actually Nathan Bracken? 10%? 5%? 0?% Below 0%?

Some of the comments are gold, too.

:laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
There are an awful lot of 'cricketers' myspace pages lol.

Shaun Marsh's seems to be the most convincing...either it's him or more likely someone has too much spare time

MySpace.com - Sos - 25 - Male - AU - www.myspace.com/rickdog1235790
What part of: "Hey Guys My Name Is Shaun Marsh I Play Cricket For Australia And Western Australia I Like Hanging Out With Mates And Haveing A Few Beer With My Dad And Punter Huss" is even remotely convincing =/ I hope you were joking.

iamdavid

International Debutant
What part of: "Hey Guys My Name Is Shaun Marsh I Play Cricket For Australia And Western Australia I Like Hanging Out With Mates And Haveing A Few Beer With My Dad And Punter Huss" is even remotely convincing =/ I hope you were joking.
No not that part at all, just the fact that whoever made it has gone to the trouble of uploading about 80 pictures, most of them off-field shots lol.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Certainly a **** couple of days for Bracken. Bowled a bad over in the T20, Australia lost, then bowed out to Stosur in Miami. Tough times Nathan. Chin up mate.
Bracks sending one down on Sunday:

Bracks at the pre-game presser in Miami:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The most convincing evidence for it being a fake?

Income: $150,000 to $250,000

Not if his IPL $$'s are any indication!

Rather disturbingly, the grammar on the site suggests that not only has this bloke maintained this page but he's also maintained Stuart Clark's, David Hussey's and Nathan Bracken's. Check out the comments.

EDIT: Bracken really needs to have a read of this, especially the part on 'bowling left-arm around the wicket'. It's done mate, let it go.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/allmenareliars/archives/2009/03/rolling_the_arm_over.html

Last edited: