• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kane Williamson

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
hey i live in Tauranga and seen alot of Kane Williamson i do feel hi is ready to be drafted into the black caps like Jessie Ryder they both bat very well and also bowl i feel that Vettori needs some new young blood now not later. Look if you have listened to Martin Crowe talk about him i feel he is ready ive seen alot of him and none of the other guys that were brought in didnt do very well excepct Jessie so why not give Kane ago now i do understand where your comming from maybe he is to green yet but im from a strong cricketing background and i feel he is ready but its not up to you or me its the selectors that have to be convinced.

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
Hey all im posting my message about Kane Williamson. I do feel he is ready to step up to the black caps itsworth a try and if he is a flop like some of the others then let him work for another 12 months then come in but how do these new young guys learn just by playing in Domistic Cricket what harm would it do for him to have a go at the best team in the world.I live in Tauranga where he is from seen alot of him and he is another Martin Crowe look at tendulker wasnt he young when he made his debut ???

SmellTheBall

Cricket Spectator
Well Martin Crowe said last night he shouldn't make his debut against Australia but he's just been named in the 13 man squad for the second test along with Matt Sinclair.

Northern Districts teenager Kane Williamson has been included in the Black Caps cricket squad for the second test against Australia starting in Hamilton on Saturday.

Selector, Mark Greatbatch, said that Williamson, 19, has been a stand-out this season at domestic level and deserves an opportunity to be involved at a higher level.

"Kane is an exciting young player and has scored a lot of runs in our domestic competition.

"This is a good chance for him to be involved in the Black Caps environment. Along with Mathew Sinclair, he gives us various options and balances in the side.''
Kane Williamson in Black Caps test squad | Stuff.co.nz

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
8-)Yes i think the New Zealand made the right choice to include Kane Williamson and yes i think he should bat at 3 thats where our batting is the problem as they had ingram in there look at his failure there he dont use his feet and all it takse is for ingram to miss it happend to many times so i hope the selectors have fait in Kane and select him having sinclar in there hes had his time there to and he was brought back a few times and didn`t do to good i feel also that the marshall brothers need to be in there to help they are dynamic in the field

Jayzamann

International Regular
I want this kid to do well. Burst onto the scene by slapping around an Australian pace attack in a trans-tasman series. That sort of confidence boost could set up the first part of his career.

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
Matt Sincliar

Who thinks Matthew Sinclear should play before Kane Williamson i dont i think Kane deserves his place in the line up Matt Sinclair has had many chences and not performed well so let Kane play i dont think the selectors will have Kane play though i feel that will be a big waste of time Kane even has the aussies worried the aussies know alot about Sincliar

Riggins

International Captain
Who thinks Matthew Sinclear should play before Kane Williamson i dont i think Kane deserves his place in the line up Matt Sinclair has had many chences and not performed well so let Kane play i dont think the selectors will have Kane play though i feel that will be a big waste of time Kane even has the aussies worried the aussies know alot about Sincliar
what?

Spark

Global Moderator
So... err... do you want Sinclair or Williamson to play? :blink:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Punctuation is your friend.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Ignore them Side-Kick, the unfriendly jerks. I understand you.

Is this Kane fella actually any good? Or is he just being hyped up due to his namesake being a famous professional wrestler?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Is his spelling synchronised with his accent?

Side-Kick

Cricket Spectator
OMG i cannot believe that the selectors are making Kane Williamson 12th man why dont thy make ingram 12th man i dont care ppl say Williamson is to young blah blah let him play he is the only one who knows so why oh why wont the selectors and vettori allow him to play