• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting to Skip IPL

Jakester1288

International Regular
Wise decision, good to see he is putting his all into the Ashes and not getting distracted by some very serious it and giggle cricket.

ret

International Debutant
he didn't do anything last time around so I wonder if he would be missed :p .... could be fear of failure too :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ret back with his usual standard of post, I see...

IIRC he's posted on here before about how the Australian team would tour Pakistan if they had IPL-type money on offer, saying they're greedy etc. CBF looking it up, because I'd rather have surgery without anaesthetic than read his ****.

ret

International Debutant
ret back with his usual standard of post, I see...

IIRC he's posted on here before about how the Australian team would tour Pakistan if they had IPL-type money on offer, saying they're greedy etc. CBF looking it up, because I'd rather have surgery without anaesthetic than read his ****.
i don't think I posted anything like that

and as I said I don't think that Ponting not playing IPL is going to be a major blow to the KnightRiders and if thinking that is not up to your standards then there is nothing I can do :)

howardj

International Coach
My spies tell me that Ponting doesn't really like T20 anyway.

Plus, with match payments alone for Australia this year, he will collect > $1million.

That's aside from Kookaburra, Adidas, Valvoline, Swiss etc.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good on him. It is going to happen anyway, more and more cricketers going to do what Ponting has done. I dont think it is fun for them or something they enjoy doing.

Craig

World Traveller
I wouldn't be surprised if he is first of many now, especially those who have a hectic year in front of them.

Precambrian

Banned
I don't really know that much about girls, tbh. But I do know that this philosophy is a fast track way to having your testicles brutally ripped away from your body...
Nope. My experience in life so far tells otherwise. And I have remarkably intact balls. (Not intact per se, but undamaged)