• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nickname for Hughes = 'That guy'. Why? One word to describe his cut-shot; 'boneitis'

You know it's true.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Nickname for Hughes = 'That guy'. Why? One word to describe his cut-shot; 'boneitis'

You know it's true.
Not just because he has a suit, but because he knows about batting and stuff, and he has a tie.

I actually think it's refreshing to hear a female commentator. Don't think I've ever heard a female commentating on mens sport. And like others have said she's far better than Nicholas and Healy. Good on her.

Briony

International Debutant
You know I actually thought she wasn't too bad, I remember sky sports or channel 4 tried a female commentator out a few years back and she was awful. Definitely better than Mark Nicholas, hell listening to a KKK hate speech would be better.
I thought she knew her stuff but her accent seemed thicker than the other Saffies.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought she knew her stuff but her accent seemed thicker than the other Saffies.
Thought she had a thing for stating the bleeding obvious. "It's more difficult to bat in the dark" or "he's going to have to beat the infield if he's going to score a boundary". Or, worst of all, "a wicket would really help their cause". Was a tad annoying but i guess they're looking for a balance between insightful opinions and telling casual watchers what the hell's going on.

Briony

International Debutant
Thought she had a thing for stating the bleeding obvious. "It's more difficult to bat in the dark" or "he's going to have to beat the infield if he's going to score a boundary". Or, worst of all, "a wicket would really help their cause". Was a tad annoying but i guess they're looking for a balance between insightful opinions and telling casual watchers what the hell's going on.
Well she did at times to be honest but occasionally made an insightful remark. She seemed to demur to the man she was on with often asking them questions, sometimes ones to which the answers were obvious.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually think it may be a sensible move for Ponting with age getting the better of him and a lot of younger players coming through that it might be a good idea for him to move down the order. He could get a little further away from the new ball and be just as imposing lower down the order and it would be great for the younger players to bat with him in games more regularly. I'm thinking more in test matches, but it couldn't hurt in one dayers.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Or by default, bring Ferguson up. We've seen it too many times where a young player doesn't get a fair run in the team due to the incumbents - Bopara, Raina, Sharma, Duminy and co.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Arthur was also cautious towards pushing Parnell early in his career. "I think we'll handle him like we did JP [Duminy]," he said. "JP travelled with our squad for a year and a half before he actually made his Test debut. He was given all the exposure and all the training and so he was ready when the opportunity arose. We're going to give him every opportunity to grow, but also not push him too early."
I'd thought they pull a JP Duminy on him. Give him lots of ODIs and T20s experience before throwing him into the Test arena.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'd thought they pull a JP Duminy on him. Give him lots of ODIs and T20s experience before throwing him into the Test arena.
Pretty much 'forced' into doing that anyhow, they don’t play test cricket again until December but I’ll fancy Tsotsobe will be favoured before Parnell. Situation would be far 'easier' come December if Ntini had 100 caps not 99…

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
I’ll fancy Tsotsobe will be favoured before Parnell.
No doubt. But I don't think it will be long before they play Tsotsobe over Ntini, and play Parnell over Albie. Don't see Albie doing well as the third seamer. He might excel as the fifth bowler and batting alrounder when Kallis retires. Of course that depends if those players play well or not.

Last edited:

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Hopefully they keep the same new ball combination for the next game. I think they should play Morkel ahead of Roelof anyways. I don't think Morne bowled that badly in his last ODI. Last couple of overs were dire but up til then, he managed to put the ball in the same place for a good 7 overs.