• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

pup11

International Coach
God Ponting ****s me sometimes, maybe not bringing McGain on right now is fair enough as the quicks are roughing Kallis up a bit and he'd probably prefer to be facing McGain. However in the half hour before lunch when McDonald and Johnson were bowling roobish, can't believe he didn't get a bowl.
McGain must be a jinxed soul, when he is in with a chance to play he gets injured, and when he finally gets a chance to play after waiting all this while, he is not being given a bowl.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
This ton was a big "**** you" to the selectors and the crap that lead up to this match. Fantastic for SA because when Smith comes back, we'll be fielding the best top 6 that SA has to offer and everyone knew this before we played the Aussies at home. It's a pity it took a series loss to figure this out.

Now to sort out the bowling...

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Prince has scored 24 off the 11 balls he's faced from McGain. Kallis 23 off 19.

Bit of a disaster then.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I guess this is why McGain wasn't getting bowled earler. Anyone remember Kallis' record for the fastest Test 50, when he gave Graeme Cremer the identical treatment?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of those balls weren't even that short, he's just devastating against anything remotely back of a length when facing leggies.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor McGain having a bit of a mare.

Good to see the Saffas back on form, will be interesting if they can make it to '3-3'

Redbacks

International Captain
Prince leaving balls alone on the way to a big score was so much more pleasing when he was playing against England:)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Some of those balls weren't even that short, he's just devastating against anything remotely back of a length when facing leggies.
getting schooled.

**** field placement it must be said! .
Lol lets be honest with ourselves here, yes they were that short, and its impossible to set decent fields when a leg spinner is all over the shop like that.

Hopefully he comes back much better later on in this innings. Maybe it was the nerves? I know he's no Warne in terms of control but he's always been much tighter than that when I've seen him bowl for Victoria.

pup11

International Coach
Lol lets be honest with ourselves here, yes they were that short, and its impossible to set decent fields when a leg spinner is all over the shop like that.

Hopefully he comes back much better later on in this innings. Maybe it was the nerves? I know he's no Warne in terms of control but he's always been much tighter than that when I've seen him bowl for Victoria.
That's been the most shocking thing about his bowling tbh, even though you don't expect him to get much turn out of this track, but still one expected him to bowl a lot better than that, it could be nerves, but still was terrible bowling from him nonetheless.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So surprised how everyone rates McGain, thought I had at least some support.

Sad (but predictable) to see him getting smacked around, but at least we found out now than in the Ashes.