1 3.03%
  • Team K

0 0%
  • Team L

3 9.09%
  • Team M

1 3.03%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Test draft vote & debate thread - everyone come in and vote!

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    Disappointed that pretty much every team other than mine has got a vote. And of the other two that haven't, one was a mess and the other was taken over by another participant half way through.

Fail, Heef.
    I wouldn't read too much into it, though admit I am slightly surprised that your team has failed to pick up a single vote. Maybe the inclusion of McCullum as your wicket keeper batsman has put some off.

Interesting to note that the teams with the most and second most votes currently were not even in my top three of four so I guess everyone looks for something different in what they consider to be the best side.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    We're assuming they're all at the peak of their powers presumably?

On that basis Team D by a country mile

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Disagree. It's a very solid group, but nothing stands out. I like the style of F, but there are 2-3 weak spots. In the end, I have to go with H. Bowling > Batting any day, and considering the records of most spinners, I'd take the four fast bowlers any day of the week. I don't buy that they'd poof out after 30 overs, at all. A few of those bowlers had a lot of stamina. Boycott is solid, as is the middle order. None of the top six would make my all time XI, but its still a solid group. Dhoni hasn't done much to be considered captain, and I'd probably have a few others in that team over him. BUt overall, fast bowling > any other discipline in terms of winning games.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

School Boy/Girl Captain Something_Fishy's Avatar
    Chose B, mainly because of their bowling line-up, (which I believe is better than the one with Marshall, Garner, Donald and Statham) and Hobbs and Waugh. Only questionable selection for me is Inzy, though he did average nearly 50. When they play at Lord's they will dominate. Question is: who will open the bowling? Lol. I'd probably go with McGrath and Pollock/Steyn (if is overcast and he can swing the ball you want him to get 2 or 3 early wickets). Waugh is an incredible captain, AND scored 10000+ runs. Amazing. Eddie Paynter is severely underrated and Bill Lawry was a limpet (though is commentary is a bit dodgy - lol). Jeff Dujon is the greatest Windies keeper ever and is a solid 7. I don't think there is a weak side, and many can compete for the no.2 spot, but this is the best team. 'Nuff said.
    Rod Marsh: How's your wife and my kids?
    Ian Botham: The wife is fine but the kids are ********.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    We're assuming they're all at the peak of their powers presumably?

On that basis Team D by a country mile
    Disagree, we are the best but not by that amount.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Something_Fishy View Post
    Chose B, mainly because of their bowling line-up, (which I believe is better than the one with Marshall, Garner, Donald and Statham) and Hobbs and Waugh. Only questionable selection for me is Inzy, though he did average nearly 50. When they play at Lord's they will dominate. Question is: who will open the bowling? Lol. I'd probably go with McGrath and Pollock/Steyn (if is overcast and he can swing the ball you want him to get 2 or 3 early wickets). Waugh is an incredible captain, AND scored 10000+ runs. Amazing. Eddie Paynter is severely underrated and Bill Lawry was a limpet (though is commentary is a bit dodgy - lol). Jeff Dujon is the greatest Windies keeper ever and is a solid 7. I don't think there is a weak side, and many can compete for the no.2 spot, but this is the best team. 'Nuff said.
    In fairness Inzi was the very last player picked, so he was probably a good choice with 131 players already off the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    And Flintoff, and a few others in people's team who are batting at six in an all time side is very much not a good thing, in my mind. He should be eight.

Look at some of the other #6: Steve Waugh, Walcott, Sobers, Martyn, Flower...

Hazare...

International Regular
    Everything went wrong when I picked Hussey. I had to quickly make a pick, and didn't think, and he wasn't in his massive dire batting slump at the time, so I quickly put him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester1288 View Post
    Everything went wrong when I picked Hussey. I had to quickly make a pick, and didn't think, and he wasn't in his massive dire batting slump at the time, so I quickly put him down.
    It was Vettori's selection that stuffed your side. Personally I think you could take out Vettori and pick some guys still left and your side would look a lot better. If you wanted a spinner Underwood is still there. If you wanted an all rounder Barlow is still there, he would add a fair bit to your batting. I would have been surprised if someone didn't pick Hussey soon after if you left him anyway.

I agree that the problem is Vettori.

I would have really liked your side more if you picked another fast bowler someone like a Jason Gillespie perhaps?

So Hadlee and Gillespie opening the bowling followed by the two English man in Gough and Flintoff. You could switch Gough and Gillespie around too if you liked.

Also, I'm not sold on the batting order from 7 down.

I am certain that in the side named Ian Healy would bat at number 7. Some people under estimate his batting and if not for his massive drop in form in the last 12 months his average would be hovering on the 30 mark.

Jake, I still think your side has the potential to win some games against others teams in the comp as you have some brilliant match winners, especially Lara and Hadlee.

For mine Gough was one of poorer selections as well when you consider the likes of Gillespie, McDermott and Fazal Mahmood were still around.

It was some of later selections that stuffed Jake's side. His early selection were very good.

benaud was available as well if you were he'll bent on two spinners. Better bowler, and arguably better batsman as well, plus a gun captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    benaud was available as well if you were he'll bent on two spinners. Better bowler, and arguably better batsman as well, plus a gun captain.
    Benuad was in his side already....

thought he took benaud later. If not then disregard my comment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information