• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test draft vote & debate thread - everyone come in and vote!

Which is the best team

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I agree that the problem is Vettori.

I would have really liked your side more if you picked another fast bowler someone like a Jason Gillespie perhaps?

So Hadlee and Gillespie opening the bowling followed by the two English man in Gough and Flintoff. You could switch Gough and Gillespie around too if you liked.

Also, I'm not sold on the batting order from 7 down.

I am certain that in the side named Ian Healy would bat at number 7. Some people under estimate his batting and if not for his massive drop in form in the last 12 months his average would be hovering on the 30 mark.

Jake, I still think your side has the potential to win some games against others teams in the comp as you have some brilliant match winners, especially Lara and Hadlee.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
For mine Gough was one of poorer selections as well when you consider the likes of Gillespie, McDermott and Fazal Mahmood were still around.

It was some of later selections that stuffed Jake's side. His early selection were very good.

Matt79

Global Moderator
benaud was available as well if you were he'll bent on two spinners. Better bowler, and arguably better batsman as well, plus a gun captain.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My votes:

1st: Team L - An amazing fast bowling line-up, an extraordinary middle-order, a magician behind the wicket, one of the two or three best all-rounders and probably the best leg-spinner the world has ever seen backed by two solid (not among the very best, agreed) openers...what more do you want?

2nd: Team J - This team has everything. Some great batsmen revolving around two absolute greats one in opening (Sutcliffe) and the other in the middle (Miandad). An extraordinary wicket-keeper batsman, a great spin bowler and a good solid pace bowling attack. It loses to Team L by a whisker. While the wicketkeeper batsman and the openers are definitely better than those of team L, it comes slightly behind in the other areas which fetch it the 2nd spot.

3rd: Team G - Batting similar to team L; but a better all-rounder (who adds sooo much to the even otherwise great batting line-up) and a great bowling line-up though weaker than some in the competition. A slightly better bowling line-up might have seen this team at the top.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Did we ever get a winner for the daddy of all the draft threads? This is still the draft team I put the most effort into, and am fondest of.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt, I've just noticed the similarities between your team here and the one I'm building in the Ultimate thread. I might steal a few of your comments about your team when I have to describe mine. :p

pskov

International 12th Man
I was going to sim this in ITC, but someone didn't email me the program and I forgot about it. I have a custom made database half done too.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh ok, didn't realise it was so long to vote, considering too that this thread pretty much died out a week ago before today.