• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket team draft

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is going to be the problem, I know he isnt the type of person that is on the internet all the time, could be days between picks at time. I myself generally only come online between 8am-6pm Aus time.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Do we need to impose a 24hr per pick policy? That's still potentially pretty glacial (take over four months to complete), but achievable for most.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Have no problem with Bradman being available, cant see Tharmi taking him anyway as the Don did turn his back on NSW to play for SA.
TBF it was work related not cricket related. Considering the times he played in, it was no big deal imo. Scoring 452 not out was enough to make him NSW for life.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I myself generally only come online between 8am-6pm Aus time.
That could be problematic, being on the internet only 10 hours out of a possible 24... maybe you could get up a little earlier to help this run quicker?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This is going to be the problem, I know he isnt the type of person that is on the internet all the time, could be days between picks at time. I myself generally only come online between 8am-6pm Aus time.
I admitt i missed this thread when I looked at CC when I first logged on. But I only visit the forum when I'm not working 6pm to about 10pm /2am. So really this was the first time I could have posted. Though if I didn't post once every 24 hours then I have no problem dropping to the bottom of list or missing a round.

Also after the first three rounds you should pick 2-3 players at a time. Will quicken things up.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I admitt i missed this thread when I looked at CC when I first logged on. But I only visit the forum when I'm not working 6pm to about 10pm /2am. So really this was the first time I could have posted. Though if I didn't post once every 24 hours then I have no problem dropping to the bottom of list or missing a round.

Also after the first three rounds you should pick 2-3 players at a time. Will quicken things up.
Would be too much of a disadvantage to people on the wrong end of the order - with the serpentine draft, you could end up with the next 40-60 cricketers gone before your next pick - that's too many for it to be fair.

Geez, hope Braddles slides all the way down to pick 11! (wink)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would be too much of a disadvantage to people on the wrong end of the order - with the serpentine draft, you could end up with the next 40-60 cricketers gone before your next pick - that's too many for it to be fair.

Geez, hope Braddles slides all the way down to pick 11! (wink)
Maybe after 6-7 players atleast when most sides have their core team and just picking guys to fill the gaps. two months is better then four months.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Maybe at the beginning of the round, after round 2, nominate via email to pskov three selections, in preference order, and he goes through and announces the draft, only pausing if all three of someone's selections have already gone.

First cab of the rank noms:
Shane Watson
Andrew Symonds
Jason Krejza

gets Shane Watson

Second cab noms:
Shane Watson
Beau Casson
Andrew Symonds

gets Beau

Third Cab Noms:
Beau Casson
Shane Watson
Jason Krejza,

gets Krejza...

Would allow hopefully three or four picks at a time before having to ask people to resubmit their three, and hence speed things up quite a bit.

pskov

International 12th Man
If everyone can commit to being able to make a pick at least once every 24 hours then I don't really see a problem, it would take a couple of weeks at the very most. Let's at least see how it goes before making any concrete decisions.

As for Bradman being available, we didn't really reach a consensus so I think he should be.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Bradman would be a lazy pick really, there are so many good batsmen in world cricket, I am not worried about them.

I am going to get my bowlers first, then worry about batsmen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bradman would be a lazy pick really, there are so many good batsmen in world cricket, I am not worried about them.

I am going to get my bowlers first, then worry about batsmen.
The difference between Bradman and second best batter is just so much more than best bowler vs second bowler.

You will not get the chance to pick Bradman, I can safely say Jake.

Hopefully whoever is up next picks sometime shortly, I'm doing nights this week, so I can pick whenever really.

One suggestion that could be a goer is that we email the person after you when you have finished, if no one has a problem with giving out there email..

1. chaminda_00 - Muralitharan
2. G.I. Joe
3. NUFAN
4. HeathDavisSpeed
5. Somerset
6. Jakester1288
7. Jamee999
8. Raghav
9. luffy
10. Simon
11. Matt79
12. Michaelf7777777
13. morgieb
14. pskov

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
C'mon GIJ name your player!

Sent him an email from the sheep game, hopefully he's online.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Reached home just now, had a busy day playing 8 hours of Age on Empires 2, 4 on 4 on LAN. Plus I beat my mates on a game of darts on my first ever proper game ever. :cool:

Okay, Chaminda not picking Bradman puts me in a quandry to be perfectly honest. I had one of my idols lined up, and I'm seriously considering picking him ahead of Bradman anyway since I admire him so much. On the other hand, not picking Bradman when you can, could make me an idiot of the highest order. It would really really make things easier if we all just decided not to pick Bradman though, its not fair to the other teams. Are you guys up for a gentlemans promise not to pick him?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah just pick your idol and someone after you might pick Don.

Last edited: