• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most merciless poll

The Plunderers

• Total voters

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Ok so we have all seen the other thread proclaiming yuvraj to be the most merciless plunderer of alltime (modern era) etc etc

IMO a certain Sanath Jayasuriya was the most merciless plunderer of this new age.

So i decided to put up a poll and see where it leads us.

Oh btw these are just my preferences im sure there are various plunderers which i would not have included :)

And if you could please elaborate why you chose said player.

This poll is for aprox the last 10 to 15 years or so.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of those you've listed, I went for Hayden, as he's plundered more attacks at both test and ODI level than most others in the poll.

If it's ODIs only from those in the poll, I'd say Jaya.

Of those both in and out of the poll for, say the past 10-20 years, it's be hard to go past Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting at both forms, and Tendulkar at ODI level.

All time, it's Bradman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>>>>>> any mere mortal batsman.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Of those you've listed, I went for Hayden, as he's plundered more attacks at bot test and ODI level than most others in the poll.

If it's ODIs only, I'd say Jaya.

Of those both in and out of the poll for, say the past 10-20 years, it's be hard to go past Tendulkar, Lara and Ponting at both forms, and Tendulkar at ODI level.

All time, it's Bradman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Daylight >>>>>>>>>>> any mere mortal batsman.
Yea i went more for say the smashers and really fast scorers lara and ponting and tendulkar are gods no doubts and so i choose to exclude them fromt his poll to see maybe a wider representation. for me it was a toss up between gilly and jaya

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Lol i know its a tricky one but in the end i just thought jaya's been terrorising the bowlers longer :P

I have always really enjoyed watching cairns play so i was very tempted to selct him because he has had some awesome knocks till his back got him down.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I always thought Mark Greatbatch was the original most merciless while at the 1992 World Cup and really brought that attacking play to the first 15 overs of one-day cricket.

In terms of naming someone though I'd go Jayasuriya.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Besides the obvious 3 can you guys think of anyothers i could have included? i was just thinking maybe a gayle? anyone from pak besides afridi or even anyone from England what u guys think about mascreanas? (i have probably spelt it wrong) also was thinkin maybe klusener?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sanath for his prolonged assault on opposing ODI sides. Recently read a Cricinfo piece on the fasted ODI hundreds, and he was all over the top 20!

Afridi too inconsistent...and Gilly just misses out because, no matter how many Test attacks he's demoralised, there's just something about an opener destroying all your hope before a game's 15 overs old.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know why people create such threads in CC. Swapnil Asnodkar is an option for most meciless plunderer based on the pennies he threw in IPL ? Please stop being ridiculous.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
I dont know why people create such threads in CC. Swapnil Asnodkar is an option for most meciless plunderer based on the pennies he threw in IPL ? Please stop being ridiculous.
That was just my bs guy you know the fun type. i was thinking martin first then thought why not this guy.