• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Lee does bat, would he be entitled to a runner or? I'm guessing not since he is quite crook and not not actually injured.
If I was Dhoni I'd be a dick and refuse him one. I'm sure he'd need to approve of it in a case like this.

Precambrian

Banned
Agree in principle, but I think there should be some guidelines laid down or mad people (Gavaskar was the first name that came to mind for some reason...) will moan about how they aren't evenly applied & that it's all an Anglo conspiracy. :ph34r:

Anyway, Sehwag round the wicket to a number 9 (albeit one who seems to have ability with the bat) not the most attacking move either.
Don't think India wants to bat today. They are just delaying the final push.

Craig

World Traveller
sideshowtim's alter ego:

Jon: "I've had the privilege of meeting the Aussie skipper a couple of times throughout his career and he is an unassuming bloke completely dedicated to his team. Made some mistakes for sure but his record is amazing and considering the retirements of late, is performing a very challenging task very well. Remember this before you criticise for the sake of it, on paper India are a vastly more talented team than Australia and just starting to get their act together because they have finally started to learn what Australia has long known. It is all about team, no the individual. So I reckon we are going alright and in time will be a very good team again. Don't write us off too quickly."

pup11

International Coach
Agree in principle, but I think there should be some guidelines laid down or mad people (Gavaskar was the first name that came to mind for some reason...) will moan about how they aren't evenly applied & that it's all an Anglo conspiracy. :ph34r:

Anyway, Sehwag round the wicket to a number 9 (albeit one who seems to have ability with the bat) not the most attacking move either.
What's wrong with an offie trying bowl around the wicket to a RHB?

He is pitching it within the line of the stumps to either get him caught by short-leg or get him lbw.

Craig

World Traveller
If it is an injury visibly sustained during the match, Lee is entitled to, whether Dhoni approves of it or not.
Yeah but it is not like he has done his hamstring, or rolled his ankle though? Instead he is probably throwing his guts up or feeling like death, or both ATM.

pup11

International Coach
sideshowtim's alter ego:

Jon: "I've had the privilege of meeting the Aussie skipper a couple of times throughout his career and he is an unassuming bloke completely dedicated to his team. Made some mistakes for sure but his record is amazing and considering the retirements of late, is performing a very challenging task very well. Remember this before you criticise for the sake of it, on paper India are a vastly more talented team than Australia and just starting to get their act together because they have finally started to learn what Australia has long known. It is all about team, no the individual. So I reckon we are going alright and in time will be a very good team again. Don't write us off too quickly."
:laugh:

That's probably Ponting himself!!

Could probably have been getting bored in the dressing room, so might have decided to blow his own trumpet on cricinfo...

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah but it is not like he has done his hamstring, or rolled his ankle though? Instead he is probably throwing his guts up or feeling like death, or both ATM.
And then some. Probably lost quite a bit of weight too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What's wrong with an offie trying bowl around the wicket to a RHB?

He is pitching it within the line of the stumps to either get him caught by short-leg or get him lbw.
He'd do bloody well to get an LBW to a right-hander from around the wicket.

Nothing wrong with it at all, he's probably aiming for the footmarks. Just not, for my money, an attacking move.