• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Twenty20 Cup in England

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Leicestershire make it four out of four as Jamie Grove hits a single off the last ball against Nottinghamshire.

Warwickshire, Gloucestershire and Surrey also have 100% records but have only played three games.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Leicestershire make it four out of four as Jamie Grove hits a single off the last ball against Nottinghamshire.

Warwickshire, Gloucestershire and Surrey also have 100% records but have only played three games.
If Derbyshire can win their last two games (Durham and Leicestershire) we might just pip them to the finals day as group winners or best runner-up.

Not getting my hopes up too much, though.

Rich2001

International Captain
Well we are pegging the Lions back after a very attacking start.

Comment of the day though goes Nasser

Nasser to Ramps (via mic) - Great knock there Ramps, all going well

Ramps - Yep but with this 50 meter boundary we are still at least 20 runs short.

Nasser to viewers - Oh if I was Trego I would go have a word with Fullton, to bring a unused bowler on with 2 overs is a intresting move to say the least, I wouldn't do it!

>> Trego's First ball... runs in... Ramps hits it stright down the ground into Symonds hands<<

Nasser - Great captiancy by Fulton.. what a great move to bring Trego on, his a great bowler at the death!

NOTE: Trego goes onto take another wicket in the over with the 4th ball :D

Errmm Mahmood is doing a bit of damage at present :( (and he claims his carrying an injury!)

However they finish on 186/8 from the 20 Overs, however with a pointless boundary on one side the target is still very getable.

Don't worry Surrey haters, we will do it for you :D :lol: :D :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
Come on Warwickshire I Harvey is closing in of Symonds record of 96* from 37 balls, and we can't have that beaten by his fellow Aussie team-mate.

I Harvey 62* (26 balls) 10 x 4's - 2 x 6's - S/R 238.46

5 Mins later and it looks safe :D

I Harvey 71* (32 balls) 11 x 4's - 2 x 6's - S/R 221.88

Meanwhile at Canterbury, J Benning is doing us a huge favour (we need it) by dropping two quite standard sky'ed shots.

However Marc is going to want to have words with Mr M Ealham, a huge 6 into the car-park area, forced a nice young lady to take drastic action to avoid the ball, meaning spilling some of her 2 glasses of beer/larger :O

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
I Harvey racks up the first 100 in 20/20 with 100* (50)

Meanwhile Ed Smith debuting for Kent in 20/20 this season goes to 50* from just 26 balls :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For quite a time, I thought that Kent would win tonight. Ah well.

Another win for Derbyshire - who are still the only team to beat Surrey this season, I believe (can't be bothered to check).

That means that if Derbyshire can beat Leicestershire, it goes down to NRR for the place at Trent Bridge - either as group winners or best runner-up. Fingers crossed.

Apparently, Derbyshire's pitch against Notts was reported as sub-standard when they bowled them out for 94.

No question about the pitch at Old Trafford when we bowled Lancs out for even less.

Rich2001

International Captain
Well from what I see it's going to be one of the following two to join Surrey and Gloucs at Notts.

Leics / Derby (one will win the group), Warwicks or Kent (outsider if the rest all lose)

Nasser in post match summary - "Ramps is a fine ***y player :O"

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If Derbyshire are there, there's only one team getting my support.

If Lian Wharton edges a four off Rikki Clarke's last ball of the game to win it, I make no apology whatsoever for the subsequent inevitable pitch invasion!

Surrey are certainties. Gloucestershire aren't definites yet but they are all but through. I'd love to see Derbyshire there, but logic says Warwickshire and Leicestershire.

Hmm, hope I'm wrong (and I'm so rarely right, I ought to be.)

Wait, I've confused myself. Help...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to see that Stephen Fleming being in such woeful form has been dropped by Yorkshire lol thats so embarassing.
On the BBC Cricket side they were talking about Fleming being the saviour because Yorkshire were in such a bad way but I don't think he's even scored 10 runs collectively over about 5 matches including 20/20 & OD matches.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh I didn't see a match where he scored 58 off 35 balls against Durham in the 20/20 so thats better I guess..but still Yorkshire are probably shelling out a small fortune for him so he needs to start finding form quickly.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pearson's decision to 'appeal' the result of the Leicestershire v Derbyshire game in my mind is one of the more stupid things that anyone involved with Derbyshire CCC has done in recent years.

For those of you who didn't see the 'incident', Selwood gave a ball a bit of long handle and Brad Hodge took the catch about 5-10 yards inside the fence. He took the best part of half a dozen stuttering backward steps before hopping over the boundary ropes, jogging about 10 yards further then returning to the field of play.

The umpires conferred with Hodge and were satisfied that he had completed the catch before the fielder started his unscheduled tour of the wider reaches of Grace Road.

Derbyshire went on to lose by 1 run.

What a waste of time. No wonder Derbyshire are the laughing-stock of English county cricket. Tim Lamb, rightly, gave the appeal short shrift on the radio.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Surrey are certainties. Gloucestershire aren't definites yet but they are all but through. I'd love to see Derbyshire there, but logic says Warwickshire and Leicestershire.

Hmm, hope I'm wrong (and I'm so rarely right, I ought to be.)

Wait, I've confused myself. Help...
Wow. I was right!

The final has sold out. Who's going, where are you sitting?

PY

International Coach
15,000 other people are going and they will be sat all around the ground ;) :P

Just read that attendance in total for the whole competition is going to 255,000. Not bad at all :)