• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darrell Hair quits

Craig

World Traveller
I'll be honest with you, I, like many others, never thought he would stand another Test again after Ovalgate.

pup11

International Coach
I'll be honest with you, I, like many others, never thought he would stand another Test again after Ovalgate.
AWTA! Hair just wasn't fit enough to be an on-field umpire, because time and again he has shown lack of the ability to interact with the players and develop a good understanding with them and gain their respect, and that' one of the most important skills an umpire should have, he was very good umpire though, as far decison making was concerned.

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
no loss to International cricket I don't think. One of the very few people I have met that I genuinely dislike.

andmark

International Captain
I'm actually shocked to hear of it. From what i know he had one dodgy match, and that was a fair wile ago.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
hopefully the prick stays "quit" this time, cricket can do without his kind...

Ahmed_Tariq

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
PCB & Inzi had the last laugh...:laugh:
Haha, rofl, they absolutely did. :laugh: And yeah, good riddance. We can certainly do with other quality umpires like Simon Taufel, Aleem Dar, Rudi Koertzen and the likes. We don't actually need rubbish like Hair these days. People like Darell Hair give the game a bad name. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Think Hair had the last laugh myself personally. TBH, though I thought he was the principal player via his thoughtless and frankly downright self-centred actions in Ovalgate, I didn't think he deserved the end that would have come had he not "returned" to international Umpiring earlier this year. He now finishes on his own terms and hopefully the international game will be better without him standing in Pakistan and Sri Lanka games without having had the clumsy break that would otherwise have been the case. I also think he's probably far better off not standing in international games himself, so really it's the best case for everyone.

All the same, whenever Daryl Harper or Mark Benson makes some howler or other in India vs New Zealand or West Indies vs South Africa, you'll never be able to help but wonder.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
When your alternatives are the like of Harper, Benson and Howell, it'd be plain idiocy not to reinstate him, as long as he's kept away from Pak and SL (and it turns-out he was kept away from everyone except Eng and NZ).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It is so amusing the way these "bigoted" ideas are said as if it was known beyond all doubt.

Almost as stupid as Australian "fans" who say as-fact "the chucker Murali".