• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in Australia

cricman

International 12th Man
Itinerary

Note: Those Times are Bangladesh Standard Times

Squads: TBA (Most Likely tomorrow)

AIS have a game against Australia on the 28th, can someone give an Idea of the AIS team, What type of team it is any notable players etc.

Always wanted to do one of these, even if the outcome is already written on the wall

cricman

International 12th Man
Tests Weren't Cancelled they were postponed, Bangladesh will travel back to Australia around the same time again Next Year play a few 4 Day Matches and than a 2 Match Test Series, Unlike the initial fixtures which would have called for 1 Warm Up and then get taken to the woodshed

I see it as CA giving Bangladesh a Year to get better and come better prepared for the Test Series ...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks a good itinerary for Bangladesh. One of the more beneficial series they've played since their promotion to Test nation.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Totally waste of time if I say so myself. We will smash the **** out of them, and to be honest Channel 9 are wasting there time on this. Won't stop me watching it though, Cricket is Cricket, and when Aussies are playing it makes it all the better. Plus, the tests > the one dayers. Should have never been postponed in my opinion.

brockley

International Captain
Don't see cam white playing a game,james hopes to play above white.
Spinner role unlikly to be solved this series,especially if they don't play white.
Maybe he will get a game in the last one dayer.

Woodster

International Captain
Any 'Tests' or 4 day games should see Bangladesh play an Australian 'A' team, rather than the full side. They would still be learning because they are still playing against much better players, but they have not done enough in previous Tests to warrant a game against the full side, in what would be a completely one-sided affair.

cricman

International 12th Man
Nazimuddin Broke his hand today will miss the tour

Flight stuff-up: Bangladesh cricketers spend 35 hours in transit

The Bangladesh cricket side will hit the training pitch in Darwin today to shake off some cobwebs after undertaking an unusually long journey to the Northern Territory.
The Tigers spent 35 hours in transit because of a mistake at their head office which saw them detour to Sydney instead of getting a direct flight.

Captain Mohammad Ashraful says his side can defeat Australia in the upcoming best-of-three one-day series, but only if it can restrict the home side to a total of less than 250.
He says his priority is continuing his recent good form with the bat which saw him impress against Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan in recent months.

"This time I want to come and play my new, new style," he said.
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons says the Tigers' bowlers will hold the key if they are to beat Australia.

"It's first versus ninth so the difference is massive."
I wish I ran the BCB, 1st Practice Match was today we lost by 14 runs not bad considering all the Jet lag

http://tigercricket.com/bangVsais .htm

I think Bangladesh should have been involved in the Emerging Players Tournament, playing against the best players in their age group would have done wonders

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Not a great start. We would have been hammered without Tamim teeing off early on. Hopefully it was just jetlag.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
I have no be honest, I hope these games aren't televised in NZ, because it will be painful to watch. When bangladesh came to New Zealand it was too one sided to be interesting, I can't imagine how much worse it will be when they play the Aussies.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Bangladesh take the second match against the AIS by three wickets. 15 sixes in less than 100 overs as well - I'm presuming the boundaries are fairly microscopic there?

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvbdesh/engine/match/361921.html
Weird batting order for the AIS with Greg Moller in at 8.

Excellent game from Mortaza, he's a real talent. Bangladesh need him on form for the ODIs.

Looks like Sullivan has broken down again... this is starting to be a bit of a worry for him.