Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitchell Johnson or Ashley Noffke

Banned

Mitchell Johnson or Ashley Noffke

Mitchell Johnson or Ashley Noffke, who is better?

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Right now, Noffke easily.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Banned
    True but to be perfectly honest I don't think that he is the right player for the test squad. Mitchell Johnson is quick and has the edge over Ashley Noffke in my opinion so I doubt that he (Ashley Noffke) is easily better than Mitchell Johnson.

Request Your Custom Title Now! NUFAN's Avatar
    I'll go Johnson.

I reckon Noffke is just a good first class bowler who doesn't have anything special to work with in the International game.

As opposed to Johnson who's just a good club bowler with nothing to offer in the First-Class game?

KickUps Champion!
    Noffke. At least he has proven himself at first class level where as Johnson hasn't really done anything special. However If I was going to pick an attack I would have Bracken ahead of both of them

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Bollinger
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Bollinger

Tharmi = big NSW-er. You'll learn that in time.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Heal, then Noffke.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Seriously i have always rated Johnson as a long term prospect for Australia and i still think he can be an awesome bowler in every form of the game, but as far as as test cricket is concerned he is just not looking good enough at the moment, he would have to learn to move the ball both ways if he wants to survive, he needs variations like slower balls and yorkers too to keep the batsmen guessing, but all he is doing atm is hitting the deck hard and to make it worse his lines have been all over the place, so i would presist with him in Odi's and T20, but for test cricket i would look at likes of Noffke, Bollinger or even Tait (if he shows good form in domestic cricket this summer), and give Johnson time to work on his for the longer format of the game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Hmm. Johnson's action is quite unusual, he can get good shape away from right-handers even on a flat deck when the ball isn't swinging. I suppose that's why they've persevered with him. But if he has no variation and keeps getting his lines wrong, Noffke's the better bowler by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Heal, then Noffke.
    Haha, seriously -

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Seriously i have always rated Johnson as a long term prospect for Australia and i still think he can be an awesome bowler in every form of the game, but as far as as test cricket is concerned he is just not looking good enough at the moment, he would have to learn to move the ball both ways if he wants to survive, he needs variations like slower balls and yorkers too to keep the batsmen guessing, but all he is doing atm is hitting the deck hard and to make it worse his lines have been all over the place, so i would presist with him in Odi's and T20, but for test cricket i would look at likes of Noffke, Bollinger or even Tait (if he shows good form in domestic cricket this summer), and give Johnson time to work on his for the longer format of the game.
    It'll be interesting to see how he comes back after a rest. he bowled reasonably well v SL, and early on v India he did an OK job. By the time the WI rolled around, he looked tired and his action was really ragged. Maybe he didn't cope well with the extra work load of bowling in tests for the first time, as well as ODIs.

I'd like to be able to fast forward 12 months to see if he can swing the red ball in England. If he can, the tour could make him. Conversely, .....
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinksy View Post
    True but to be perfectly honest I don't think that he is the right player for the test squad. Mitchell Johnson is quick and has the edge over Ashley Noffke in my opinion so I doubt that he (Ashley Noffke) is easily better than Mitchell Johnson.
    Tino Best is quicker than Jerome Taylor. Spot the better bowler.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information