• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My take on Mitchell Johnson

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
i do not like to repeat myself but some guys do not get it

johnson is a hit the deck bowler,the only times he has got the batsman
lbw has been the ball hitting the pitch and straighting {seaming} in to the pads
swing is in the air for my friends just look at some videos
Haha I ****ing know what swing is you ****y ****. I was making a passing comment that he swung the ball in Malaysia a few years back, and he did, I ****ing watched it. I wasn't saying he bases his lines and his bowling and an inherent ability to swing the ball.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha I ****ing know what swing is you ****y ****. I was making a passing comment that he swung the ball in Malaysia a few years back, and he did, I ****ing watched it. I wasn't saying he bases his lines and his bowling and an inherent ability to swing the ball.
:laugh:

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Any bowler can swing it, it's pretty stupid to say a bowler is incapable of swinging the ball. All it takes is the seam in the right position and a ball of the right length. And, obviously, the ball in the right position.

I've seen Makhaya Ntini swing the odd ball every now and then. If he can, Johnson certainly can.
its not about swinging a odd ball at this level specially if you are leftarmer and most batsman are right handers.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Were you watching your **** swinging:laugh:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the uthappa one seamed off the pitch there is no swing in that.
You and I saw different vids then because I saw movement before pitching, clear swing. Especially on the replay, you can pretty clearly see curve back into the batsman immediately before pitching.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To say Mitchell Johnson only gets movement from the seam is ridiculous. If that was the case it wouldn't move away from the right-hander every single time it pitched.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
its not about swinging a odd ball at this level specially if you are leftarmer and most batsman are right handers.
I'm aware of that. However some people seem to think Johnson incapable of swinging the ball.

No bowler is incapable of swinging the ball, provided the ball is in the right condition and their length is right.