• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Forum demographics mark II expressed in constant currency

When were you born?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, as opposed to "what age are you?" which, somewhat inevitably, changes, we'll do it in a more constant way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
'85 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> '89 in musical terms too, amongst other things, IMO.

What was these great songs of which you speak?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What was these great songs of which you speak?

Ooooh... Where do I start? 3am Eternal and the start of the scene that would bring us Snap and Beats International. Mmmm good.

Orange Crush, The Last of the International Playboys and wasn't that the year of I Should Be So Lucky?

Happy days. I walked down the street with a spring in my step, a smile on my face and a song in my heart. And Ceausescu was only shot at the end of the year too! After that, I spent the first two months of 1990 skipping everywhere.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ooooh... Where do I start? 3am Eternal and the start of the scene that would bring us Snap and Beats International. Mmmm good.

Orange Crush, The Last of the International Playboys and wasn't that the year of I Should Be So Lucky?

Happy days. I walked down the street with a spring in my step, a smile on my face and a song in my heart. And Ceausescu was only shot at the end of the year too! After that, I spent the first two months of 1990 skipping everywhere.
Compare this to 1985...
Bruce Springsteen and Dancing In The Dark
Tears For Fears and Everybody Wants...
A-Ha and Take On Me
Bryan Adams and Run To You
Dead Or Alive and You Spin Me Round (Original Mix)
Don Henley and The Boys Of Summer
Huey Lewis And The News and The Power Of Love
Simple Minds and Don't You (Forget About Me)
And several others besides...

Such a shame I wasn't even born until late-ish in the year. I thank Earth for oldies radio.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bruce Springsteen and Dancing In The Dark
Tears For Fears and Everybody Wants...
A-Ha and Take On Me
Dead Or Alive and You Spin Me Round (Original Mix)
Don Henley and The Boys Of Summer
Huey Lewis And The News and The Power Of Love
Simple Minds and Don't You (Forget About Me)
And several others besides...
Classics, one and all. But no new scene was launched in 1985. Acid House was set to overthrow the Stock, Aitken and Waterman **** of 1987/1988/1989

HeathDavisSpeed

I didn't say the England captains were any good, just that there were lots of them.
:laugh: But the question is, would She Bangs the Drums have been a more reliable, solid presence in the England top order in 1989? I have a feeling it would have been just as likely to ignore Gooch's subsequent fitness regime, though maybe less likely to pilot a tiger moth; given the protagenists ire for plane journeys.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: But the question is, would She Bangs the Drums have been a more reliable, solid presence in the England top order in 1989? I have a feeling it would have been just as likely to ignore Gooch's subsequent fitness regime, though maybe less likely to pilot a tiger moth; given the protagenists ire for plane journeys.

From around 88/89 we had Gower, Gatting, Gooch, Lamb, Emburey, Cowdrey all having a go at being captain, if Ian Brown hadn't sprained a fetlock on the eve of the Oval Test he would probably have been next in line.