• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Zennith of each test side

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ive watched a fair bit of footage of that series (though obviously not close to comprehensive) and WI were not cheated. They were frustrated by the spoiling tactics of NZ and took their frustrations out in other areas.

They behaved like babies. Appeals for things that were not close. Im sure decisions may have gone wrong, I didnt see every ball, but WI behaviour wasnt in proportion.

When Croft threw his toys out of the pram it was due to being no-balled. His back foot cut the crease every ball. He should have been called for more. In fact the umpire had been doing him a favour by letting him off on a number of occasions. As they had also done by letting them get away with ultra aggressive and intimidating cricket.

Croft obviously didnt know the rules or had no respect for the game. Or both. He broke the rule and thought he was being cheated. WI as a team came down hard on the Umpires and then Croft charged into the Umpire.

WI were also getting angry at decisions not going their way that were not remotely close to being out.

Terrible cricket and WI need to be seen for what they were in that series, which were bullies and thugs rather than victims.

I love how WI behave like the biggest ****s ever on a cricket field and then try and deflect attention onto the umpires. Everytime I see that footage I feel sick
Not to forget Michael Holding kicking the stump down. Any rugby fly half would of been proud of that follow-through.
Interesting interviews on 79/80 series

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/241985.html

Amongst other things, it makes you wonder why Symonds copped all the grief for not walking in Sydney
Croft should have been banned for a long time and he is still acting like an idiot about it.
Even the umpire admits a bunch of mistakes in that interview. Of course, barging into the umpire is just completely ridiculous and should have earned a ban immediately.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Australia -
that match in 99 world cup semi and World cups as a whole
Regainage of Ashes 06/07
The Final Frontier
Beating Windies in Caribbean in 95..dethroning them