Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: Shoaib Akhtar slower balls

Shoaib Akhtar slower balls

Hi,

Quick question from me. What method does Shoaib Akhtar use to bowl his slower balls here?

Thanks

Manee
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

His slower balls were so awesome when the English batsmen would think the ball is coming at the head as a beamer and try and avoid it, and then it slowly hits them on the pad or bat and they are out LBW or caught and bowled.

Shoaib was so awesome in that series.

In answer to the question of the thread... no idea. Looks sort of like an off-break action.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    haha Jones getting one of the worst LBWs Ive seen.

They look like pretty normal 'rolled' off spinners. Where the wrist breaks and the hand goes from vertical to horizontal.

They are well bowled and his extreme pace helps.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Haha yeah that Jones one was horrible... obviously off one of Shoaib's quicker deliveries.

Those slower balls from Shoaib are/were such a good tactic on a flat track such as those that were served up in the 2005 Pak v Eng series.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    haha Jones getting one of the worst LBWs Ive seen.

They look like pretty normal 'rolled' off spinners. Where the wrist breaks and the hand goes from vertical to horizontal.

They are well bowled and his extreme pace helps.
    Thanks, mate.

Haha, first time I'd seen that Jones LBW. That really is amazingly horrific.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Jones should already have been out lbw 1st ball, though, so no worries with that. Well, actually there were - Kaneria was denied a hattrick.

Yeah they were some superb slower-balls that series - some flat, some flighted. Never mind the ones that looked like they were going to be Beamers - there was one at Ian Bell that actually was a Beamer - completely got it wrong.

As Kev said - it was stock-standard Off-Break. He's always bowled a good slower-ball and when your stock is up to 95mph that's a damn effective change-up, going down 20mph or so.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    He has always bowled a good slower ball but I thought he totally changed it during this series!! Usually it was a plain off break..but I think these ones are a bit different...they are off break but I think he totally removes the thumb from behind the ball just before release and then gives it a push...just my theory though...judging by the loop..and how batsman lose the ball in the air!
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 14-05-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Haha, first time I'd seen that Jones LBW. That really is amazingly horrific.
    I remember Strauss in the 06/7 Ashes when he literally middled one onto his pad and was given out LBW, that was worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    His slower balls were so awesome when the English batsmen would think the ball is coming at the head as a beamer and try and avoid it, and then it slowly hits them on the pad or bat and they are out LBW or caught and bowled.

Shoaib was so awesome in that series.

In answer to the question of the thread... no idea. Looks sort of like an off-break action.
    AWTA.
    Jesus brings life eternal

Thread Information