• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just think... despite all the macho crap we have so far this thread, it has not yet fallen to this level...
DreadsideNubune said:
he knows he has sold his soul to the western devil and defiled his beliefs by joining this capitalist pig-dog tournament based on money, beer and dancing women and other sins which i dont want to list for fear of starting cyring myself on this keyboard which would most likely break it

99*

International Debutant
Haha, wow.
AWTA. I think Martin Luther King Jr said it best, 'An eye for an eye leaves everybody blind.' Of course if someone is attacking you then defend yourself (Judo works well) but if someone hits you during an arguement you should laugh, knowing you made them break.

Oh, and do cricketers have the same protection from legal punishment if they assult one of the opposition as some other sports? Not saying this should be punished but if something worse did, would that player be facing the courts?

jeevan

International 12th Man
Tbh, I think the time for that has passed.

Harby has the worst disciplinary record in the game AND in the space of less than 12 months has allegedly committed arguably the worst offences possible in our game.

Talking hasnt worked

The humiliation of appearing in court hasnt worked

Time for an extended holiday accompanied by the financial penalties that will come with having his IPL contract ripped up

Anything less and the cricket world will know that all the statements about cleaning the game up have been nothing more than lip-service
AWTA. What labels and psychoanalyses apply to Harbhajan are possibly an interesting topic in itself. However, as far as the game of international cricket is concerned, he does not belong here.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yeah I'm sure it was Sreesanth's intentions of 'stealing the spotlight' from the rest of the Punjab players and having himself be exposed by the cameras crying. Yeah it was all a plan.
Whether it was intentional or not, it really doesn't matter. SreeSanth is a Drama Queen and I dont believe him or his emotions. Sreesanth is no saint.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Why is Sreesanth getting suspended? Did he hit someone? not that I have heard anywhere. REports suggest that Sreesanth said "tough luck" or"hard luck" to harbajan.
SreeSanth does not have a clean record either. And I dont think I will believe anything he says, just like I will not believe anything Bhajji says on the matter.

deeps

International 12th Man
Why, you are basically saying if someone hits you don't fight back. From there on its just a question of scale.
Think about it logically. Sreesanth is what, 23 years old? Something like that, i can't be botehred confirming it. Let's assume he has been training hard to play for India since he was 12 years old. So for 11 years cricket has been his life.

His dream: Play for India.

Now, by punching Harbajan Singh, it would result in two things.
1) A lengthy suspension, probably a year or more if he actually punched him.
2) Removal from the Indian side - It's either him or Harbajan...and harbajan's spot is far more cemented than Sreesanths.

So he could ruin his 11 years of training so far, and his life dreams, in one moment of stupidity. He did the right thing (whcih is not something that can be said of him very often in these situations)

He knows that hitting Harbhajan would only cause huge problems for his career. Hence he did not hit him.

This is not some random altercation on the streets, this is an altercation with a national team mate, in front of 90k ppl, and infront of many camera's. If you would hit your senior team mate in that situation, then you would be throwing away your career.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricinfo:

A BCCI press release has just landed: "Based on prima facie video evidence as seen and reviewed by the match adjudicator and referee Mr. Farokh Engineer from the tapes provided by Sony & TWI. A decision has been reached to suspend with immediate effect Mr. Harbhajan Singh of the Mumbai Indians pending the inquiry into the incident on Monday, April 28th 2008"

deeps

International 12th Man
And you keep reassuring yourself that its OK to cry in public like that when someone hits you and it does not make you any less of a man.
Are you 10 years old? ppl cry, men, women, everyone

sometimes for the strangest reasons too.. get used to it, it's part of life and it doesn't make you any less a man....or woman for that matter

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha. Hope they've got the objectionable little tosser bang to rights this time. Banned for the rest of the IPL & fined whatever fortune he'd have earned in those games.

deeps

International 12th Man
ok wat the hell does AWTA mean?!? this is the only forum ive seen that uses that and i googled and foudn nothing!

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Nope I dont think there would be much sympathy from me for Rohit/Ishant Sharmas either.........this is a grown up sport..........you have to be bloody tough.........if someone slaps you, you get right back at him...........crying like that is a sign of weakness.
Well as of right now, some of the news channels are doing a bit of backtrack as now they are saying that "tough words" were exchanged...........regardless if it was tough words or a slap.....if you think that Bhajji is the kind of person/team mate you should look up to then you definitely have a few screws loose.

I dont know about Sreesanth but I would have decked anybody(male)who got physical with me. And I mean anybody.
Physically impossible to do so..........would gladly give you one and throw in a hook for free if you like.
I am not saying that I go around looking for a fight, I just don't back off a fight.........its not in my genes. If someone does throw the first punch he is definitely going to get one back.

As far as real life situations goes.....lets see when someone does hit you in real life before you start saying what you should or will do. In that situation if you can live with the fact that you were slapped and can walk away and never think about it.......then good........and give yourself a 'peace' medal. I get my satisfaction from the fact that I hit back.
Wow. With this much over-compensation your penis must be tiny.

Nishant

International 12th Man
well i think he got what he deserve.. if he doesn't have the balls to take abuse then why the **** he sledges the players from the other teams.. he seems to not have the gut to fight back.. if someone slaps me i will kick his ass instead of crying like babies..
thats one of the most stupid comments i have ever heard and that goes 4 a lot of the comments made in this thread tbh!!! i dnt think sreesanth has ever slapped anyone...he didnt gt insulted...he was physically hit...do u nt get the difference...and so what if he was cryin...doesnt make him some sort of ***** does it? i like sreesanth a lot for the aggression he shows...the only reason u cant take it is because he does it against the teams u support...which u and many other fans on this thread cannot take! fair enough actually...bt it mite b nice if sometyms u stopped such bias in ur comments. As 4 bhajji...wot a flippin dickhead!...wont ever support him again...ban the bastard!

R_D

International Debutant
It'll be good for Indian cricket if Harbhjan gets suspended for couple of years. Hopefully that'll end his dire career. He's useless bowler anyway.. does **** all in ODI matches and still gets to play. Still been playing on basis of 2001 expolits, i know he had a good series against the SA just recently but did **** all before that.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i have to say this that cricinfo (neutral source) and most of the other indian media sources are doing unfairly job to keep this out of media.. and i am questioning this.. why the media are doing this.. they put the asif and shoaib deal out there on the top calmn in cricinfo and the indian media blow it out of proportion.. why difference betwteen two issues.. the seem fairly the same..and they are supposed to covered, broadcast, and treated the same way..

haroon510

International 12th Man
thats one of the most stupid comments i have ever heard and that goes 4 a lot of the comments made in this thread tbh!!! i dnt think sreesanth has ever slapped anyone...he didnt gt insulted...he was physically hit...do u nt get the difference...and so what if he was cryin...doesnt make him some sort of ***** does it? i like sreesanth a lot for the aggression he shows...the only reason u cant take it is because he does it against the teams u support...which u and many other fans on this thread cannot take! fair enough actually...bt it mite b nice if sometyms u stopped such bias in ur comments. As 4 bhajji...wot a flippin dickhead!...wont ever support him again...ban the bastard!
say what? the whole piont of being hit makes him *****.. we have a guy who shows aggression and shows that he is the big dog on the field and sledge every single batsman and doesn't have respect for anyone.. next thing u know he is crying like a baby after being slaped.. that makes him ***** and he is ***** and coward...