• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which international players went to your school

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Atherton and John Crawley plus a few county players (Mark Crawley, Mark Chilton, Gary Yates..)
same. I would also like to make a honorable mention my mate Charlie Anderson who plays league football, his popps apparantley was the first black player to represent England in football.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Doug Bollinger went to my primary school. He's not an internatonal player as yet though. Probably others, but none that I actually know of.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
My school was never famous for international cricketers, but Lalchand Rajput, a.k.a. Lalu, is a famous ex-student of the college where I did my post-graduation.

Craig

World Traveller
None cricket wise (that I know of as it is only 22 years old) as mine was more rugby league (it is a feeder school to the Parramatta Eels) then cricket.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
My little rural high school as produced no international cricketers as of yet, but Stefan Terblanche, the Springbok and lately Sharks rugby player was head boy, and still holds the record for the under-19 boys long jump.

yaju

State Vice-Captain
I studied in Dayanand Model School and Apeejay School, both in Jalandhar.

Harbhajan Singh studied for a few months in Dayanand Model School, Jalandhar.

It's another thing that he has studied in 10-12 schools, he used to change his school every year because of Cricket. Whichever school's cricket facilities fecilitated him,he used to go there. He wasn't too good in studies, but was extremely passionate about Cricket.

Vikram Rathore studied in Apeejay School for quite some time.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I studied in Dayanand Model School and Apeejay School, both in Jalandhar.

Harbhajan Singh studied for a few months in Dayanand Model School, Jalandhar.

It's another thing that he has studied in 10-12 schools, he used to change his school every year because of Cricket. Whichever school's cricket facilities fecilitated him,he used to go there. He wasn't too good in studies, but was extremely passionate about Cricket.

Vikram Rathore studied in Apeejay School for quite some time.
Was one of Harbhajan's schools the International College of Simian Reasearch? :happy:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
same. I would also like to make a honorable mention my mate Charlie Anderson who plays league football, his popps apparantley was the first black player to represent England in football.
Haha, made my debut for the school football team against MGS a few years ago, remember sticking in a decent tackle on Viv's lad early on. We lost 9-0 though. :ph34r:

Your year (presuming your the same year as him) has an absolutely quality side though, I remember losing to them 5-3 once and it was considered a huge victory. Also ran into a certain batsman/offspinner in that year as well once, in a club game - needless to say it was pretty much game over from the start.

cpr

International Coach
Michael Atherton and John Crawley plus a few county players (Mark Crawley, Mark Chilton, Gary Yates..)

Bah, stuffy MGS lot, could never beat you at cricket, always murdered you at rugby.

Never had any decent cricketers AFAIK, but my year produced a few England/Ireland schoolboys at rugby. A couple of old boys have gone on to play 6 nations for Ireland.
Oh, and apparently Lonnie Donegan was an old boy, so yeah, we invented modern music :ph34r:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Karl Schneider holds the runs record for the Xavier College 1st XI. During his four seasons in the firsts (1921, 1922, 1923, 1924) he made 1642 runs including 7 centuries. He captained the team in 1922, 1923 and 1924 and won premierships in 1923 and 1924.

Karl also holds the wickets record for the Xavier 1st XI taking an unprecedented 139 wickets.

:-O Willing to take a stab at how many matches he would have played?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Roger Twose went to mine, as well as Tom Voyce who I think has played rugby for England.. Richard Harden, Tom Webley and Harvey Trump are the other FC players

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our school was and still is desperately crap at sports. Our best sportsmen who happened to play cricket at some stage during their years at Logan Park High School were Mark Dickel (NZ basketballer) and Chris Donaldson (NZ sprinter). I'd actually have to suggest, sadly, that I am probably the one in recent years to have played the most senior cricket in Dunedin. Which, considering how average I am, is a scary thought.
Haha, Logan Park.

FTR, Sarah Tsukigawa attended South Otago High School. As did Tony Brown (an All Black), and David Latta (Otago rugby legend). But I'm sure you knew this already Volty.

Briony

International Debutant
Brad Hodge and Shane Warne both went to schools in the same suburb as the school I went to.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Logan Park.

FTR, Sarah Tsukigawa attended South Otago High School. As did Tony Brown (an All Black), and David Latta (Otago rugby legend). But I'm sure you knew this already Volty.
Didn't Tony Brown go to Kings High in Dunedin? South Otago HS missed out on the joy of having the Finch brothers attend...