• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar banned for five years

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SHOAIB AKHTAR BAN/PROTEST MEETING

THE BRITISH PAKISTANI COMMUNITY WILL BE GATHERING FOR A PROTEST MEETING AGAINST THE 5 YEAR BAN ON SHOAIB AKHTAR (PAKISTAN'S PREMIER BOWLER).
THE PENALTY IMPOSED IS UNSUBSTANTIATED & DEPLORABLE BASED ENTIRELY ON PERSONALITY CLASHES.
HAVING BEEN AFFILLIATED WITH THE PAKISTAN CRICKET TEAM PAST & PRESENT THE MANNER IN WHICH SHOAIB HAS BEEN TARGETTED IS DEPLORABLE TO SAY THE LEAST.
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THIS MEETING & UNITE WITH THE BRITISH PAKISTAN'S FROM THE CRICKET FRATERNITY TO VOICE YOUR SUPPORT AGAINST THIS BAN.

VENUE: CHAUDHRY'S TKCinking
161/163 THE BROADWAY SOUTHALL MIDDX. UB1 1LR
THURS 3RD APRIL
TIME;7.00PM

For Further Information Contact;
DALAWAR MAJID CHAUDHRY

020 8571 5738, 020 8574 3571
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking of attending this just for the kicks.
Haha, go for't. Make sure you bring a camcorder. :p

Arafat is ok but I don't think a 5 foot 8 inch bowler who bowls at 80-85 Mph can do anything special at test level on a consistent basis
Pace is not everything mate.If you have a good line & length then it doesn't matter even if you are medium pacers.Even Asif bowls at 83-84 MPH and he has been excellent!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pace is not everything mate.If you have a good line & length then it doesn't matter even if you are medium pacers.Even Asif bowls at 83-84 MPH and he has been excellent!
Its not the pace that worries me its his lack of height. The shorter you are the lesser the margin of error you have as a fast bowler and as for his L&L its decent but he is no Mcgrath and Pollock in that regard.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I refused bribes for my country - Shoaib

"Not even those players who were investigated on match- fixing allegations got this sort of ban. Players who betrayed their country escaped without such punishment. Why am I being victimised?"

"I have rejected many offers in the past to under-perform. It happened in Johannesburg and in India but I never accepted them because I can't betray my country."

"They drop me from the contracts list. They force me to play on pitches on which batsman scores 300 in a day and yet one can't even complain."

:laugh:

http://www.supersport.co.za/cricket...sed bribes for my country - Shoaib &id=249952

Xuhaib

International Coach
I refused bribes for my country - Shoaib

"Not even those players who were investigated on match- fixing allegations got this sort of ban. Players who betrayed their country escaped without such punishment. Why am I being victimised?"

"I have rejected many offers in the past to under-perform. It happened in Johannesburg and in India but I never accepted them because I can't betray my country."

"They drop me from the contracts list. They force me to play on pitches on which batsman scores 300 in a day and yet one can't even complain."

:laugh:

http://www.supersport.co.za/cricket...sed bribes for my country - Shoaib &id=249952
:laugh: :laugh:
Good ol Shoiby

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Spot on about the pitches. Some of the pitches are abysmal in the subcontinent. I don't mind raging turners at all, but they should offer something to bowlers - whether spin, pace, or both.

The first two matches in Paksitan in the last Ind-Pak series were ridiculous. It's such a lame excuse that you can't make pitches that assist bowlers. If it comes to that, just go in and dig the damn thing up and put it together again. The test would be over in a day and half, but at least it'd get a result and the pitch would be equally fair for both sides.

Xuhaib

International Coach
MQM demands lifting ban on Shoaib Akhtar
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has demanded of the government to lift five-year ban imposed on fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar.

Member of MQM Coordination Committee Muhammad Anwar in a statement expressed concern over the PCB ban on Shoaib Akhtar.

The PCB decision of imposing ban on Shoaib Akhtar has disappointed the cricket fans so the ban should be lifted at the earliest, Muhammad Anwar said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda a fitting to see a terrorist/mafia group is extending their support for Shoaib.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Never have Osman Samiuddin's words been more true:

[India and Pakistan] are cricket's Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. One, pure monied trash, influential for no other reason than having too much of it, the other straight-up trailer trash, cricket's true basket case.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shoaib is crying that he never took bribes but then countless of times he walks out on his team in a midle of a game when his team needs him the most, this I believe is as bad as accepting money to underperform.

funnygirl

State Regular
MQM ,that party headed by that disgusting person Altaf Hussain ,isn't it ? Shoaib should be ashamed of himself in accepting such support from a hardcore criminal who killed a lot of innocent people .

wow this whole issue got ''politicised '' for what ? And PCB is such a joke ,never do anything sensible . Basically allowed him to walk freely off much bigger crimes than this .

funnygirl

State Regular
IMO,its a very good decision which should have been taken 3 years ago.And its really shameful that Imran Khan has called this ban "Naseem Ashraf's revenge of person clash with Shoaib Akhtar".Why he keeps supporting crap like Muhammad Sami and idiots like Akhtar is beyond my understanding.
I have full respect for Imran Khan the cricketer .But u know he did the biggest mistake of his life by entering into politics . Since then he doesn't make any sense even in cricket related matters .Obviously not his fault ,naturally he lost his wisdom and ability to talk properly :laugh: like any other politician.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Its not the pace that worries me its his lack of height. The shorter you are the lesser the margin of error you have as a fast bowler and as for his L&L its decent but he is no Mcgrath and Pollock in that regard.
Am I on your ignore list or something... :cry:

Beleg

International Regular
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

MQM support...debate in parliment..

and we're without electricity for upto 14 hours a day in most of the country...

oh pakistan

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
IMO,its a very good decision which should have been taken 3 years ago.And its really shameful that Imran Khan has called this ban "Naseem Ashraf's revenge of person clash with Shoaib Akhtar".Why he keeps supporting crap like Muhammad Sami and idiots like Akhtar is beyond my understanding.
:-O, wow bs, never thought i'd see the day....

Engle

State Vice-Captain
If exiled politicians can return back to Pakistan for far worse offenses, and run for election, then whats the big deal if Shoaib gets to do the same for merely a sport. :dry:

FWIW, I sometimes wonder how well Shoaib would have performed had he played under Imrans guidance and leadership.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

MQM support...debate in parliment..

and we're without electricity for upto 14 hours a day in most of the country...

oh pakistan
Perspective's a wonderful thing Beleg. Unfortunately, not everyone has it.