• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar banned for five years

ret

International Debutant
sounds like April Fools but anyways i won't be surprised if the PCB takes an U - turn and lifts the ban :p

i guess, he would be playing the IPL

Xuhaib

International Coach
Odd theory that...when he's played all of one test and taken 7 wickets. :mellow:

What's the thinking behind that?
Arafat is ok but I don't think a 5 foot 8 inch bowler who bowls at 80-85 Mph can do anything special at test level on a consistent basis

Xuhaib

International Coach
Well Sohail Khan looks rather good (not that unusual amongst young-ish Pakistani seamers, but they don't all turn-out bad) FWIW. Never heard of Xuhaib's other tho.
Riaz is tall left arm seamer capable of hitting 90 mph . Last time I saw him he was nipping it back in to the right handers at good speeds.

FRAZ

International Captain
Riaz is tall left arm seamer capable of hitting 90 mph . Last time I saw him he was nipping it back in to the right handers at good speeds.
Wrong !
Absolutely wrong . He can't bowl at that pace and never have and will never ....
Dark day of the history of Pakistan cricket . It's extremely ugly !!!

shortpitched713

International Captain
TBH Sohail Khan or Wahab Riaz would be a better option then Arafat who I believe is not test class.
Arafat's a gun mate. And he showed what he can do on what was really a non-receptive pitch against a quality batting lineup. A pretty gun performance for a debutante, and he should be given a run for mine.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Arafat is ok but I don't think a 5 foot 8 inch bowler who bowls at 80-85 Mph can do anything special at test level on a consistent basis
On the contrary, I think his style makes him the perfect partner to Mohammad Asif with the new ball, considering that Gul doesn't do anything particularly special with it. Plus he can get the ball up to a pretty good pace, I've heard up to 150, and that combined with his different trajectory could make him quite a handful.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Wrong !
Absolutely wrong . He can't bowl at that pace and never have and will never ....
Dark day of the history of Pakistan cricket . It's extremely ugly !!!
Look FRAZ, why don't you give these new blokes a chance.

After all Shoaib's is a long gone stories. :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
PCB administrators continue to prove why Pakistan Cricket has become butt of jokes in the cricketing world.

Sad day for Pak Cricket.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan team without Shoaib is a bit of a boring one now though. Apart from Afridi what other random nutcases do they have that we all know and love?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I was watching this programme on NEO Sports where they were discussing this shocker. The programme was anchored by Manish Valecha, and experts were Kris Srikkanth and Aamir Sohail. For some time, they even had Ehsan Mani as a guest by phone.

Kris sure ruins a good analysis by going overboard all the time, and making gargantuan paragraphs out of one-liners. Through that mess, I discovered that he justified the ban, saying that he shouldn't keep talking rubbish about the board, and he was criticising for criticism's sake.

Aamir was heavily critical of the PCB, who were clearly shown as a weak, inept and incapable management entity. They took the easy way out when he said something about the contract system when not even bonded by it. They didn't suspend him when he hit Asif, clearly because they needed him in India. That the PCB let leak this information (and the Asif incident) to the media is a failure as well. He said that the PCB has been a major failure in dealing with one superstar. Kris tried to shoot down all of these with his paragraphs ('Shoaib is no superstar, he's nothing great) and that annoyed my folks a lot.

One caller said that ever since Dr. Ashraf became chairperson of the PCB, there's always been an issue with Akhtar. Not surprising, when former chief Zia was approached, he said that Akhtar is one of the team's best players and he's had no problem at all. Krish shot that down as well, with his 'no excuse for indiscipline' act. Aamir was hyper-critical of media-management by the PCB saying that such matters are confidential and shouldn't be leaked out, and the media should confirm with all sources and ends on each story. Krish tried to shoot that down too, saying "If you hit your teammate, would you tell him not to tell anyone?". That was an absolutely dumb comment.

The caller of the day won a tiny bat autographed by both experts. Manish pleaded that they don't bash each other with it (it was tiny, anyway), but honestly, if any of us would get that bat, we'd erase or sticker-on Krish's autograph, for sitting through this.

Craig

World Traveller
Can we make a soap opera or a reality TV series based on the pCB? Would be better then a lot of the crap on TV TBH.

Xuhaib

International Coach
SHOAIB AKHTAR BAN/PROTEST MEETING

THE BRITISH PAKISTANI COMMUNITY WILL BE GATHERING FOR A PROTEST MEETING AGAINST THE 5 YEAR BAN ON SHOAIB AKHTAR (PAKISTAN'S PREMIER BOWLER).
THE PENALTY IMPOSED IS UNSUBSTANTIATED & DEPLORABLE BASED ENTIRELY ON PERSONALITY CLASHES.
HAVING BEEN AFFILLIATED WITH THE PAKISTAN CRICKET TEAM PAST & PRESENT THE MANNER IN WHICH SHOAIB HAS BEEN TARGETTED IS DEPLORABLE TO SAY THE LEAST.
YOU ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THIS MEETING & UNITE WITH THE BRITISH PAKISTAN'S FROM THE CRICKET FRATERNITY TO VOICE YOUR SUPPORT AGAINST THIS BAN.

VENUE: CHAUDHRY'S TKCinking
161/163 THE BROADWAY SOUTHALL MIDDX. UB1 1LR
THURS 3RD APRIL
TIME;7.00PM

For Further Information Contact;
DALAWAR MAJID CHAUDHRY

020 8571 5738, 020 8574 3571
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking of attending this just for the kicks.

IMO,its a very good decision which should have been taken 3 years ago.And its really shameful that Imran Khan has called this ban "Naseem Ashraf's revenge of person clash with Shoaib Akhtar".Why he keeps supporting crap like Muhammad Sami and idiots like Akhtar is beyond my understanding.