• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pak team to destroy Aus in Aus in 2009

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan won't even put up a fight...Punter's army will definately destrtoy them !!The only team which will every be able to beat Punter's test team .. will be England & they're gunna do it again !!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan won't even put up a fight...Punter's army will definately destrtoy them !!The only team which will every be able to beat Punter's test team .. will be England & they're gunna do it again !!
Hmmm, missed the whole Aus/India series did you?

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Nasir Jamshed
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohd Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Asif
Umer Gul

:thumbup:
That does look like a decent team, although I've never heard of Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal is no longer a wicketkeeper of any merit whatsoever, Shoaib Malik is a naive captain and Umar Gul (although able to move the ball both ways) has a record that fails to match his reputation. Good luck getting Akhtar (who'll be nearly 34, at any rate), Asif and Gul together, though.

TBH, even with that team, I really doubt that they'll 'destroy' Australia, in Australia, in 2009 (even though that seam attack looks a tad better than ours). Their batting, except for Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf and maybe Misbah ul-Haq (depending on how he copes in Australian conditions), lacks consistency and/or class. Asif, Gul and maybe Akhtar are 'rabbits', too. Their fielding would be patchy, too, I suspect, with skill levels varying sharply from player to player.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Nasir Jamshed
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohd Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Asif
Umer Gul

I wonder why every Pak team by this fan has to 'destroy' Aus, though this is a good combination.

Xuhaib

International Coach
We can nick a test but I don't believe we can win the series and destroying is rather out of question.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably should wait till you beat NZ first before claiming England are going to beat Australia.

I mean you were 3-4 this morning.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha, I knew some non-Australian would call me on it, and I had my money on you or Brumby :p

prince40

Cricket Spectator
Nasir Jamshed
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohd Yousuf
Misbah Ul Haq
Shoaib Malik
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohd Asif
Umer Gul

haha is this the most delusional post of all time or what:laugh:
mate how many tests has pak won vs aus in the last decade?? 0
i thiink most aussies will be happy to see pak put up a fight in a test or so, but it will be a whitewash with a couple of innings defeats against pak like their last tour of aus for sure
i cant see pak beating aus in a test home or away for the next decade at least

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Raghav's pom cousin?
To my knowledge there's 3 Indians on CW who've turned against India in Raghav, Sameer (pup11) and pietersenrocks. All 3 supporting different teams, the former NZ, the middle Australia and the latter England.

sanwel123

Cricket Spectator
these shud b 17 member squad(IDEAL)

Nasir jamshed
Imran nazir
rana naveed
misbah ul haq
shoaib malik
fawad aalam
abdulrazaq
kamran akmal
shahid afridi
sohail tanvir
Umer gul
younis khan
shoaib akhter
muhammad asif
saqlain mushtaq
sohail khan
20/20

one day team

nasir jamshed
salman butt
younis khan
misbah ul haq
shoaib malik
shahid afridi
rana naveed
kamran akmal
sohail tanvir
shoaib akhter
muhammad asif
umer gul
fawad alam
abdul razaq
muhammad yosuf
muhammad talha

test team

khuram manzoor
salman butt
yonus khan
muhammad yosuf
misbahul haq
asim kamal
kamran akmal
sohail tanvir
shoaib akhter
muhammad asif
danish kaneria
umer gul
shoaib malik
nasir jamshed
faisal iqbal
muhammad talha

COURTSEY: pakspin.com

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Unless they send a suicide bomber (who are readily available across the border, or they can consult SL for a good supply of them), this team is not going to destroy Aussies even in their wildest dreams.