cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden calls Harbhajan an obnoxious weed

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Hayden calls Harbhajan an obnoxious weed

Can't really disagree with his assessment, but probably not the best thing to do.

While Dhoni accuses Australians of constantly provoking teams, which is probably not the best thing to do either.

So what happened to that 'zero tolerance policy' again? Ridiculous ICC ****s it up again. BCCI need to push that ban hard, and not settle for anything less than a complete ban on any sledging.

I am now openly rooting for an all out brawl in the middle, because I don't see anything less having the desired effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Can't really disagree with his assessment, but probably not the best thing to do.

While Dhoni accuses Australians of constantly provoking teams, which is probably not the best thing to do either.

So what happened to that 'zero tolerance policy' again? Ridiculous ICC ****s it up again. BCCI need to push that ban hard, and not settle for anything less than a complete ban on any sledging.

I am now openly rooting for an all out brawl in the middle, because I don't see anything less having the desired effect.
    Haha. I-RONY!

Hayden's got no right to come out in the media and randomly abuse others for being obnoxious. It's hardly going to help his own image, let alone that of his team.

EDIT: I, too, am hoping for an all out brawl, but the downside of that is that Australia would probably win. Although at least unlike in Test cricket, the other team might at least take down one or two of the Aussies.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    EDIT: I, too, am hoping for an all out brawl, but the downside of that is that Australia would probably win. Although at least unlike in Test cricket, the other team might at least take down one or two of the Aussies.
    Yea, they'd probably win. Doesn't matter though - a few bat swings and stump swings are more than enough to get attention. If I was a Test player that was financially secure, I'd certainly start throwing a punch if someone started calling me names. Can't let cowards get away with it on the field when they wouldn't in a bar.

Ugh.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

ret
    read this on another thread

Unnecessary comments by Haydo

BCCI should kick some of these trash-talkers out of IPL. It would take some extra money away from them and hopefully teach them on how to think b4 they speak

though this feeling is from an Ind PoV

cheers

Simon Champion!
    I think BCCI and harbhajan should sue hayden.
    If they want to play mind games let's take it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

He said it on radio, just in case there's a misunderstanding here. It's pretty obvious he's bitter about the whole Sydney fiasco, especially when Hayden was the one that was convinced they'd finally got him with witnesses. Still, the team on the whole wants to move on and forget about it, so it's pretty silly to reopen old wounds and not really needed at all.

I don't get why anyone would call for a complete ban on sledging after the Symonds-Sharma incident. I think it was dumb Sharma got fined and Dhoni and the Indians have the right to feel aggrieved that they were singled out for something relatively harmless but to say stuff like that should be banned and cracked down on? Cmon.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Australians stepping up the gamesmanship ahead of the finals series. The process had begun during the previous game the two teams played. Not a fan of such comments in the media like the one made by Hayden here though. It is okay when McGrath says Australia will win a series 5-0 but resorting to such comments in the media is definitely not on imo.

Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.
    Last edited by Migara; 26-02-2008 at 08:04 AM.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    I think BCCI and harbhajan should sue hayden.
    If they want to play mind games let's take it to the next level.
    On what legal grounds?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Big ugly bold ape (Am I right?) calls Harbhajan a "obnoxious weed". Can't disagree though. But this bully needs a ban with his mate Symonds for boorish behavior. I'd first shoot the three SL life gaurds that pulled these two out in a near drowning experiance in southers SL few years back. They should have let these two pieces of sh*t drown.
    Haha whoa, steady on.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    On what legal grounds?
    How about defamation?
    Who cares whether the case is won or not anyways as long as hayden learns a bloody good lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha whoa, steady on.
    Would probably be more at home posting on YouTube, itbt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    How about defamation?
    Who cares whether the case is won or not anyways as long as hayden learns a bloody good lesson.
    Dont really think insults like this fall into the category of defamation, tbh.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    tbh stupid people say stupid things, and its common knowledge that matthew hayden is seriously lacking in the common sense department. That said, the comments made by Dhoni are perhaps unwise but not particulary malicious, and there is some truth behind it, that said its still a stupid thing to say.

Problem is Haydens comments are just brash and personal, no professional undertone to his sentiments whatsoever, backs up my opinion that the guy is a complete ****.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information