• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's 400th Cricketer

aussie tragic

International Captain
Gotta love those Victorians eh?

Nah I reckon Lloyd Mash will be the 400th test player for Australia ;)
Best thing written I could find about Lloyd Marsh (other than he's probably named after Clive Lloyd) is "Mash, who began his career aged five at Eltham and spent seven years in the under-12s".... ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hmmm, he's almost 27 and has only 3 wkts a match with a record of 41 matches, 122 wkts @ 32.95 with an economy rate of 3.37...please tell me why he'd be ahead of Noffke and Hilfenhaus????
Been a one-season wonder, this year.

So far, at least.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmmm, he's almost 27 and has only 3 wkts a match with a record of 41 matches, 122 wkts @ 32.95 with an economy rate of 3.37...please tell me why he'd be ahead of Noffke and Hilfenhaus????
Current form is excellent. Certainly not beyond the realm of believability he could be the 400th however unlikely.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I bet that it will be Nathan Adcock... Someone gets injuried, and they need to call a replacement, unfortunatly...This guy is the best they can do...

Otherwise, it will be a New Hussey to be 400

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm going to with Adam Voges.

He's a good batsmen against spin and his spinners are decent. I reckon he'll be close to being selected on the next overseas tour and an injury could see him get a spot.

I would love it if Luke Pomersbach or George Bailey was number 400.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The only thing I can say with confidence is that Dave Hussey is much more likely than Voges. Haddin is the first thing you think of because it's obviously just a matter of time before he gets the cap but a bowler could well get it before then. Haddin's debut entirely depends on a Gilchrist injury or retirement. Noffke and Hilfenhaus just need one injury and someone out of form.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The only thing I can say with confidence is that Dave Hussey is much more likely than Voges. Haddin is the first thing you think of because it's obviously just a matter of time before he gets the cap but a bowler could well get it before then. Haddin's debut entirely depends on a Gilchrist injury or retirement. Noffke and Hilfenhaus just need one injury and someone out of form.
How many times has Dave Hussey played for Australia in other forms of the game, or been picked in the 12 of a test match or been given a Cricket Australia Contract?

See.. It's not a certainty..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Never really got an extended run for NSW until recently and hence wasn't used properly as a bowler and struggled statistically. He's been very, very impressive in the last two seasons. I think he's the third best bowler in the country at present - not that it means he should be picked over someone who has proven they aren't just in a purple patch, but it's certainly something.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Bollinger, D.
Never really got an extended run for NSW until recently and hence wasn't used properly as a bowler and struggled statistically. He's been very, very impressive in the last two seasons. I think he's the third best bowler in the country at present - not that it means he should be picked over someone who has proven they aren't just in a purple patch, but it's certainly something.
Was a sub standard County bowler in Eng just a few months ago. Thats a fast rise

16 wkt in 7 games at 45

Last edited:

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
They pointed out on the radio today that, if it follows the trend set, it'll be a qlder...qlder's have filled player's 100, 200 and 300 for australia. With that in mind, noffke.