• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in West Indies Thread

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
*Official* Australia in West Indies Thread
They ask me I answer :P

Hmmmm back on topic:

Butchanan does the usual Aussie thing and says they were nowhere near full potential, nope, course they weren't, they had Brett Lee leading their attack :duh: :duh: :duh:

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tino Best wil replace Lawson in squad. If anyone doesn't know who he is (likely), he's a very talented, very quick young pace bowler. He was extremely impressive this season with over 35 wickets in the Carib Cup at a SR of laround 27. He's about 20 or 21 years of age.
I hope he turns out to be good coz Windies haven't come up with a good pacer (except for Lawson) for a long time.Maybe WI should send young bowlers to MRF pace foundation for coaching.MRF is an awesome academy and its results are impressive. Klusener, KHan,Nehra,Avishkar,Srinath are all product of the great academy!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think King was a very good bowler...until he got injured. :(

Re WI squad: A source close to the team has suggested that Banks will come in for Lawson (chicken pox), Sarwan will come in for Samuels :D and Baugh in for Jacobs (groin muscle). That means no room as yet for young Best. I don't think he's quite ready yet. I also didn't think Lawson was ready to be introduced when he was. Now he's starting to bowl more maturely.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think King was a very good bowler...until he got injured. :(

Re WI squad: A source close to the team has suggested that Banks will come in for Lawson (chicken pox), Sarwan will come in for Samuels :D and Baugh in for Jacobs (groin muscle). That means no room as yet for young Best. I don't think he's quite ready yet. I also didn't think Lawson was ready to be introduced when he was. Now he's starting to bowl more maturely.
To be fair I would rather see Best to Banks, or Best for Lawson and Banks for Collins. Banks doesn't really look like he's going to even scratch the Aussie batting lineup, although he's an offie and Aussies aint great against them. He also brings some much needed variety to the attack. I'd still rather have Ramnarine though :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best is still quite raw. I don't think Ramnarine would scratch the Aussies either. He's just not mentally 'with it' right now. At least Banks can bat and (for all none Loveland's) he's not that bad a bowler. Certain people.....just portray him as a crappy bowler. I would prefer Mohammed in there instead though. I think WI would be elated with a draw, because we have found much difficulty winning (or even not losing) in Trinidad. In fact, if it wasn't the only time I would see top class live cricket, I would petition that matches not be played in Trinidad!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I think WI would be elated with a draw, because we have found much difficulty winning (or even not losing) in Trinidad. In fact, if it wasn't the only time I would see top class live cricket, I would petition that matches not be played in Trinidad!
Even though you live there?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
MRF is an awesome academy and its results are impressive. Klusener, KHan,Nehra,Avishkar,Srinath are all product of the great academy!
If that's it's top 5 graduates then I don't think it really qualifies as great,

Ringua

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
marc71178 said:
If that's it's top 5 graduates then I don't think it really qualifies as great,

It's actually a good academy, if you notice India is now comming up with much better pacers as compared to in the past. Guys like Zaheer, Ashish, Salvi and Srinath might not be the best in the game but they are way better than the Indian pace attack of the 80's and 90's!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ringua said:
It's actually a good academy, if you notice India is now comming up with much better pacers as compared to in the past. Guys like Zaheer, Ashish, Salvi and Srinath might not be the best in the game but they are way better than the Indian pace attack of the 80's and 90's!
I know mate, I was only joking that when you look at a list like that, you wonder what the point in it was!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yup.

'A shocker' de Silva has now given 4 lbw's this series where the ball clearly pitched inches outside leg stump.

Mind you, Rudi Koertzen is on no better form IMO. The Lehmann 'not out' for caught behind was almost as dreadful a decision.

Langeveldt

Soutie
"Hans Blix wont find any weapons of mass destruction in the West Indies bowling attack" Tony Cozier

Sort of sums up the day...Lehmann isnt pretty to watch but he and Ponting had all the concentration in the world and they mounted up 391-2 at the end of the day...

IMO, the sooner the West Indies get Tino Best in, the better...

What happened to Reon King? This WI Attack is the slowest, flatest attack in world cricket at the moment, except for Bangladesh of course.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well at least the WI team have more than 1 good batsman, unlike a certain team that toured Australia a few months ago.....

Eclipse

International Debutant
Pontings avrage is now over 50 for the first time after his 17th test 100 wether he gets out first thing tomorow or not.

Now he just needs to make a 200 I think its about time he does.