• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
Chill mate we won't go down this easily, we will hang in there and who know we might just turn the tables somehow!
I'd like for that to be the case, mate. But it's just not gonna happen. We'd need to have 3 wickets by now if we were still in with a chance. India are 0/151 and setting us a target...We're screwed, mate.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Australia: 152 runs behind at the end of the second day; each team has ten wickets and hand.. and they're still only paying 2.70. Faith from the bookies.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even Wasim Jaffer looks competent, ominous signs for the Australians. Although, Sehwag has done his obligatory ten or more play and misses.

Tait into the attack!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Key partnership this. India should really bury the game at this point, the wicket is pretty good for batting and there's no excuse for setting Australia anything under 400. In fact, even 400 would be touch and go with so much time left, I think Australia can probably chase that if everything clicks. If India make 350+ though it'll be game over, and they should definitely do that.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shower of ****e from Tait there, what a poor over.

Sachin’s drop aside, India has had a dream day.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome work by India, fought back hard after losing 4/2 and also showed a lot of character to hit back after the Symonds-Gilchrist counter-punch. It's ours to lose from here but still have a lot of work to do.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
My my you miss a lot when you haven't been on CW for a day or two.

I really should of posted this up yesterday, but I am thinking about getting a class action against Ian Chappell. FFS, you'd think someone like him has an eye on international cricket, not just Australian. How he has his job still is beyond, not very observant and nearly as biased as Richard when defending Nel. Saying 'thats how Sehwag plays' isn't justification for him playing and missing as many times as he did.

social

My my you miss a lot when you haven't been on CW for a day or two.

I really should of posted this up yesterday, but I am thinking about getting a class action against Ian Chappell. FFS, you'd think someone like him has an eye on international cricket, not just Australian. How he has his job still is beyond, not very observant and nearly as biased as Richard when defending Nel. Saying 'thats how Sehwag plays' isn't justification for him playing and missing as many times as he did.
Makes sense to a degree and tbh if I was an Indian supporter I'd rather have him go down swinging than go back in his shell.

However, he was particularly horrible today.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The ball is coming on to the bat very nicely, and I'd be shocked if Australia score a run less than 550. Personally I think they'll get to 600+, if a couple of them score big.
8-) It always amuses me that when India lose the advantage, it is because they are ****s but when Australia lose it and fight back, Australia's fighting spirit is praised. People don't do the opposite. Fact is, the pendulum has swung to one side and then the other and we have seen some good fighting test cricket from both sides.

Last edited:

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Makes sense to a degree and tbh if I was an Indian supporter I'd rather have him go down swinging than go back in his shell.

However, he was particularly horrible today.
That maybe the case, but when you have a guy whose been as poor as him playing like, Chappell just seems to be think that is a fair excuse.

social

Pretty obvious that Australia made a mistake by not playing Hogg - Kumble was even turning his leg-spinner a lot and he'll be really tough to play 2nd time around

Pathan and Ishant were both pretty good

RP Singh, who I dont mind, bowled a lot of crap and a better indicator of his performance was the 5 runs an over he went for rather than the wickets

Good to see the Spirit of Cricket being upheld with the Indians appealing for lbws off the bat and catches when players didnt get near it - they really are shocking hypocrites in that regard

Laurrz

International Debutant
wow, worse day for Australia this summer definately

started well.. but still in shock we got bundled out for 200 odd..
Indian bowlers were terrific.. kept swinging the ball :blink:

compare that with our new ball bowlers today in the last hour... and it shows that they have used the conditions and beaten us in our own game

but tbh i am quite enjoying this... i think the best chance Australia have of saving this match is either roll em for about 230 and chase around 350... or let them declare and try to bat out the last day and 3 quarters or so....
India should definately win here though..