• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
Symonds getting a century today is almost as dire as the current state of WI cricket. He shouldn't have gotten close. Its been a bad few weeks for umpiring in Aus and NZ.

Craig

World Traveller
Also negative captaincy by Kumble, who would you give Symonds the single to get a century? I would rather have the field up and try and hit over the top, at least if there is a bit of bounce, or a change of pace, or a googly perhaps, then there is the risk of mistimed hit which will sky the ball in the air or get stumped or encouraging him to go over the top by pushing it a little bit wider down the leg side or even a wider of the off stump with a bit more pace brings stumpings and catches into play. Not sure I rate Kumble's captaincy's too highly either.

As for those crying about the decisions in Australia's favour, yes it is shocking and everybody agrees with that, but my tip? Go down to the local hardware store and buy some timber, a hammer and some nails, build a bridge and get over it. Whinging about it isn't going to change it, and yes I think technology should be used in that situation.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Too late really, and I feel bad that Hogg didn't get the chance to reach his ton. India need to wrap the opposition up before they get to 350, otherwise they're buggered.

Evermind

International Debutant
Okay guys ,Aussies are great .Now just no need to keep any dream or hopes , will get crushed .4-0 . i am done .I accept that India is a very ordinary side .I feel much better now :laugh:

:huh:

Did you honestly have any other expectations? I am honestly quite amazed by some of the Indians here, thinking with inferior bowling, slightly inferior batting and vastly inferior fielding, India were gonna give Australia a run for their money in their own backyard. I mean...seriously.

Craig

World Traveller
Was that going down leg?

I just hope India get some lucky breaks when they are batting as well.

Flem274*

123/5
As for those crying about the decisions in Australia's favour, yes it is shocking and everybody agrees with that, but my tip? Go down to the local hardware store and buy some timber, a hammer and some nails, build a bridge and get over it. Whinging about it isn't going to change it, and yes I think technology should be used in that situation.
I'm more worried that the umpiring lately has been so dire everywhere though.

It could be dificult to build a bridge when one of the other cryers burns the ****in thing down. Twice.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
That looked pretty good but enough doubt I reckon. Was moving towards leg and he was far enough forward. Having said that I thought it was out in real time.

archie mac

International Coach
Errr because hes out? Appealing for lbws is totally different. He knows he out and everyone else knew except a deaf umpire so be a man like Lara and walk. I guess its hard to show class when you dont have any. He cheated he just wasnt caught.
So are you saying the indian players always walk when they are out? Not given out but get an edge?

Double standards8-)

Craig

World Traveller
I'm more worried that the umpiring lately has been so dire everywhere though.

It could be dificult to build a bridge when one of the other cryers burns the ****in thing down. Twice.
Well they can cry themselves a river then. Would end the water restrictions in Australia.

Flem274*

123/5
Well they can cry themselves a river then. Would end the water restrictions in Australia.
Or it could just evaporate.

I don't blame Symonds for not walking but the umpiring in this series and in the Bangas vs NZ series is worrying.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are the umpires actually accountable for their performances. Cos I just keep seeing the same ones making the same mistakes match after match.

pup11

International Coach
Felt sorry for George i thought he deserved to get a hundred more than Symonds but anyways that's how cricket goes, btw Lee's batting has seriously gone down a few notches in the last 12 to 18 months!

funnygirl

State Regular
:huh:

Did you honestly have any other expectations? I am honestly quite amazed by some of the Indians here, thinking with inferior bowling, slightly inferior batting and vastly inferior fielding, India were gonna give Australia a run for their money in their own backyard. I mean...seriously.
Okay agreed .But that decision brought me tears in yo my eyes ,i never usually have watching cricket matches . That caught behind was so heart breaking . We are playing worlds number one team .Even we can't get fair decison ,then where we can find the motivation ?

Flem274*

123/5
TBH I think players should be allowed to show dissent. Not over the top obviously but if the umpire makes a howler the have every right to be furious and glare, shake head etc.