• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Next Battle?

The Next CW Battle

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Writers would probably boil down to Cardus vs James, but you never know.

Have we done commentators yet? If not its a good idea but Ill probably pull my hair out when John Arlott gets eliminated by Bob Willis :laugh: Boycott to win that one if it hasnt already been done

archie mac

International Coach
Writers would probably boil down to Cardus vs James, but you never know.

Have we done commentators yet? If not its a good idea but Ill probably pull my hair out when John Arlott gets eliminated by Bob Willis :laugh: Boycott to win that one if it hasnt already been done
Commentators would be a good one, I think Haigh would do well on this forum:)

Matt79

Global Moderator
meh, the pitch was fixed and the Aussies did it to themselves.... :ph34r:

there would be others that might run it close.

Craig

World Traveller
Battle of the One Test Wonders or Battle of the South African Cricketers Who Have Played For England.

Or has the first one been done?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've already done Test captains, and best bowling. I know Safraz Nawaz and his famous spell won the latter battle, and I can't remember who won the captains battle, even though I ran that one.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How about battle to get a "Battle Of" subforum for this sort of thing, so as those of us who wish to chat cricket can do so without constant "Battle Of The..." threads clogging-up the place?

Huh?

Flem274*

123/5
Battle of the One Test Wonders or Battle of the South African Cricketers Who Have Played For England.

Or has the first one been done?
Andre Adams

I like the idea of best commentator though. Prehaps expand it to a best three man commentary team thread where we vote for a combination of comentators we'd like to see take the mikes together?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best commentator sounds good. Certainly nothing like it's been done, since I've been here :)

Captain was definitly done. Silencestriker had an interesting view, if i remember rightly.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Best commentator sounds good. Certainly nothing like it's been done, since I've been here :)

Captain was definitly done. Silencestriker had an interesting view, if i remember rightly.
Yup Tubby won that battle, lets have a battle of spinners.