• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest disgrace to the NZ test and ODI caps?

Biggest disgrace to NZ?

• Ian "pathetic mohawk/rooster head" Butler

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Heath "can't bowl on the right pitch" Davis (Vote for him! Vote for him!)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Michael "the mug" Mason

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • New Plymouth Boys High School "Murdered by the better school" seam attack

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
More to the point, how did you do that strikethrough-effect on CW? :-O

Supergrass did another song besides Moving? :mellow:

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Back from south africa macka? Well done son. Tell me, is the rumor true that they payed you in big macs for every six you hit? Good motivation me thinks.
No, mate. They gave me a go at your wife for every six I hit :laugh:

That might get me in "trouble", but, god damn it, that was worth it.

Flem274*

123/5
Inviting the nine posters who voted Heath Davis to join the rebellion against his dictatorship in the Off Topic forum. Anyone else who would like to join is welcome to do so.

Have a nice day :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say a few players from that team that got crushed by the Aussies 0-5 at home may fit the bill. Lance Hamilton, maybe? Or even Andre Adams? Or Brooke Walker? Then again, a few spinners would make this dubious list.

Someone mentioned Daryl Tuffey- he wasn't bad, just a green-top giant who'd get cut down to size on less helpful pitches, and he did quite well on a tour of India. Shayne O' Connor and that other left-armer Geoff Allot were just plain unlucky- they could have made an impact had they played longer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
LOLzers, I think you may have slightly missed the point of this thread a little Arjun. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Well, if you have an ambiguous user name, what do you expect.

As far as I know I have thought you to be:

Richard Attenborough (Sir)
David Dickinson
Richard Illingworth
Richard III
Richard Rich
Matthew Bulbeck
:laugh:

Anyway how come Adams hasn't played more Tests for New Zealand when did quite alright on his Test debut, I know he has had his back injuries, but pidgeon holed as an ODI player and only an ODI player.

I voted for the New Plymouth lot.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
:laugh:

Anyway how come Adams hasn't played more Tests for New Zealand when did quite alright on his Test debut, I know he has had his back injuries, but pidgeon holed as an ODI player and only an ODI player.

I voted for the New Plymouth lot.
Excellent. Another person that knows that FDMC is far better at cricket than Boys High.

As for Adams, his bowling was not really dangerous enough for test cricket. That and there was another allrounder gunning for the number 8 spot. Jacob Oram. Oram was chosen.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Newzealand played someone who could be having the WORST all round credentials of any cricketer in history.

Douglas Freeman who played two test matches in 1933 averaged 1 per innings with the bat and 191 pr wicket with the ball:-O

Flem274*

123/5
I made this thread when I was legally ******** (under 18).

I should probably still be legally ******** tbf, but I'm almost 21 now.

I really hoped this thread would stay hidden. Why don't you click the link in my sig and throw stuff instead?