• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
wht difference it makes if it played before or after
Because after the one day series is finished, instead of coming home and preparing for the longer game they are staying a few extra days just for a 20/20 match that means absolute zilch.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Because after the one day series is finished, instead of coming home and preparing for the longer game they are staying a few extra days just for a 20/20 match that means absolute zilch.
Wouldn't it be the same if the Twenty20 was played before the ODI series?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wouldn't it be the same if the Twenty20 was played before the ODI series?
They could either:

a) not play it at all
b) use the Twenty20 at the start of the series in place of a warmup
c) have a 3 Twenty20 series, then a 5 ODI series.
d) harden up and play a test or two.

biased indian

International Coach
They could either:

a) not play it at all
hmmmm so playing 3 is better than 1 ???????

3--> 20/20 + 5 ODI makes wht difference ????

i though u didnt ike 20/20

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think its some sort of payback deal for making India play neutral ODIs in the aussie series.

Or perhaps its India being compensated for having to visit Australia in prime cricketing season everytime.
I think that may have something to do with it. Although I think that Australia and India signed an agreement similar to the Chappell-Hadlee series, to play each other once a year in some form of the game over the next few years.

Chubby Rain

School Boy/Girl Captain
They could either:

a) not play it at all
Why relegate it to warmup status ?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
hmmmm so playing 3 is better than 1 ???????

3--> 20/20 + 5 ODI makes wht difference ????

i though u didnt ike 20/20
I just gave it as an option.

If your going to play Twenty20 and that's a big if.. What good is it playing just the one game. at the end of the series, Why not make it a short sharp series?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd argue that the whole tour means absolutely zilch.

pasag

RTDAS
I'm looking forward to it for one. Seamless transition from footy to cricket as well, so gun. 5 matches would have been ideal though.

howardj

International Coach
September
Sat 29
1st ODI - India v Australia
M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

October
Tue 2
2nd ODI - India v Australia
Nehru Stadium, Kochi

Fri 5
3rd ODI - India v Australia
Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad

Mon 8
4th ODI - India v Australia
Sector 16 Stadium, Chandigarh

Thu 11
5th ODI - India v Australia
I.P.C.L. Sports Complex Ground, Vadodara

Sun 14
6th ODI - India v Australia
Vidarbha C.A. Ground, Nagpur

Wed 17
7th ODI - India v Australia
Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Sat 20
20/20 International - India v Australia
Venue TBC

Sweet. Am wetting my pants at the thought of cricket coming back on the television.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Just realised that over 6 months Aus-India will have 3-4 T20, 12-15 ODI and 4 tests. That's a potential 38 days of cricket.

Slight overkill there.

sideshowtim

Banned
Lads, ever since September's Foxtel guide arrived, I've been panicking.

The first ODI is on the 29th of September, but the TV Guide makes no mention of it being on!! I thought Fox showed all Aussie away games!

7 ODI's is ridiculous though, it means that alot of our players miss the start of the domestic season :(

Craig

World Traveller
Lads, ever since September's Foxtel guide arrived, I've been panicking.

The first ODI is on the 29th of September, but the TV Guide makes no mention of it being on!! I thought Fox showed all Aussie away games!

7 ODI's is ridiculous though, it means that alot of our players miss the start of the domestic season :(
Not as though they won't play any more then or 2, I always laugh at how Ricky Ponting plays for Tasmania but lives in Sydney or south it.

sideshowtim

Banned
Not as though they won't play any more then or 2, I always laugh at how Ricky Ponting plays for Tasmania but lives in Sydney or south it.
Why would anyone, let alone the great man, live in Tassie if they had the money not to? :p

I would've just liked to have seen our stars there for the start of the domestic season...

Dissector

International Debutant
I agree that these 7-match ODI series are absurd. Given the poor performance of India against England I don't think it will too much of a contest either. I predict 5-2 to Australia. I suppose that Australia's lack of matches since the WC may offer India a bit of hope.