• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's all character-building I guess.........

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne's second over back from injury in an ING Cup match:

21.1 Warne to Langer, SIX, slugged from a length over long on, over the fence and over the hangers on at the fence landing on seats 3 rows back

21.2 Warne to Langer, no run, played to mid on

21.3 Warne to Langer, SIX, doesn't quite get this one cleaning looked to get maybe some edge as the bat was a bit more horizontal flies higher and just clears the rope straighter at long on

21.4 Warne to Langer, (noball) SIX, slightly better hit, straighter and goes just over the fence and is perhaps caught

21.4 Warne to Langer, FOUR, crisply hit fuller ball goes wide of mid off and beats the chaser

21.5 Warne to Langer, two runs, knee high full toss hit to wide long on

21.6 Warne to Langer, one run, pushed gently out on the off side

I guess Justin Langer isn't feeling too sympathetic to his injured team-mate today...............

masterblaster

International Captain
WOW, Oh My God!

Nah, but Warney will come right, he is one of the greatest of all time, and yeah, the great man will come good at the World Cup.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
ive never seen langer play spin like that, though he might have picked that warnes over was gonna be abit average

he got Hussey out though and thats a good thing (for warne :))

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Warne never really performs for Victoria at the same standard as he does for Australia...I don't know why though.

Langer...I guess he's still trying to get into the ODI team...

Langeveldt

Soutie
woah, I think its a bit risky for him to be playing at all. He must be hugely scared of messing his shoulder up. And after an injury like that, 0-53 off 8 isnt so bad

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
I didnt see this game, but it shows something very important, whihc someone else touched on in another thread...leg spinners unless they have their line and length perfect, are prone to getting hit all over the place. Warne has really redefined this fact a little bit, but its still true. It kinda reminds me of an exhibition game in Pakistan, long time ago, tendulkar's first series I think, when he first hit like three sixes on mushtaq, and then the next over went on to hit Qadir for about 4 sixes (I think) !!

It also shows another thing, a bowler, especially a leg spinner needs to be given a long run on the international level, to see his true merits, and thats what MacGill needs to be given before he is written off. Genuine fast bowlers also need the same long stretch at the top level to see how good they really are, and Mohammad Akram has been a victim to this, this guy I thought was good for 200 test wickets.