• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abdul razaq retires.

irfan

State Captain
Shudn't have been left out in the first place, but it's appalling that he didn't take it on the chin and rectify his shortcomings (bowling esp.) so he could get back into the team. Instead he just tosses in the towel and quits. Poor effort

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed just because he was dropped is no reason to retire. (or was that aimed at me)
Nah mate, I've got nothing personal against you. Just saying it's quite pathetic from Razzaq, but it doesn't overly surprise me, he's never really come across as the sort of character who would want to put in the hard yards and force himself back into the reckoning. I suppose the lure of ICL has something to do with it...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
This has echoes of Inzamam's dummy-out-of-pram incident when he was ommitted from the ICC World XI squad two years back. Razzaq wants to show some mettle and stick it out. A player as good as he is will never be far out of the picture. Will he go the Azhar way and just earn an easy wage at county cricket?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This has echoes of Inzamam's dummy-out-of-pram incident when he was ommitted from the ICC World XI squad two years back. Razzaq wants to show some mettle and stick it out. A player as good as he is will never be far out of the picture. Will he go the Azhar way and just earn an easy wage at county cricket?
He has been linked to the ICL, but nothing confirmed as of yet.

I'm happy that a crap player like Abdul Razzaq has retired/joined ICL.I'd be even ore happy if players like Faisal Iqbal,Mohammad Sami & Imran Nazir etc also do the same

Retired at 27! :jawdrop:
TBH,he's atleast 30.In Pakistan,you can trust the ages mentioned on the academic certificates/degrees only.Even they are doubtful sometimes but 95% of the times,they are correct.No one there preserves their birth certificate & always rely on the ages mentioned in school at the time of admission are assumed to be correct.Its easy for some cricketers their to hide their really because they mostly uneducated which enables them to fool other people regarding their ages.The educated cricketers would almost always have correct DOBs mentioned in their cricinfo profiles.Imran Khan,Saeed Anwar,Wasim Akram,Wasim Bari,Salman Butt,Iftikhar Anjum etc are some of the examples of players with real ages.Shahid Afridi was born in a tribal where 99% parents don't know the DOBs of their children.This what enabled Afridi to fool people regarding his real ages(which is atleast 29 TBH).Some of the other players with doubtful ages are Imran Nazir & Hasan Raza.

And whatever I've said in the above paragraph applies to cricketers & actresess only(general public usually don't need to rely on lame ages :) ).

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
I've never understood why cricketers would want to claim to be younger than they actually are?

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Unless he's got a place to go to (ICL? CC?) this does seem like "spitting the dummy" - I suppose it proves someone takes the 20/20 WC seriously. Two thoughts: Even if he is 30 (which wouldn't surprise me. They said Waqar was at least two years older than his given DOB and they don't seem to be as accurate with their ages in Afro/Asian countries) it is still young to retire. And secondly do people think that selectors should tell every player why he is dropped?

R_D

International Debutant
I've never understood why cricketers would want to claim to be younger than they actually are?
To get into U'17 and U.19 levels ... if you have played in those than more chance of you being noticed than if you haven't at all.

Shame about Razzaq retired but i think he probaly would've been kicked out of the team soon anyway... looks to be getting worse and worse even tho he's not that old.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Unless he's got a place to go to (ICL? CC?) this does seem like "spitting the dummy" - I suppose it proves someone takes the 20/20 WC seriously. Two thoughts: Even if he is 30 (which wouldn't surprise me. They said Waqar was at least two years older than his given DOB and they don't seem to be as accurate with their ages in Afro/Asian countries) it is still young to retire. And secondly do people think that selectors should tell every player why he is dropped?
I think if it is somebody who has been a part of the team for a while and has been dropped, the selectors should tell him why he has been dropped.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think if it is somebody who has been a part of the team for a while and has been dropped, the selectors should tell him why he has been dropped.
Shouldn't it be fairly obvious? I really don't buy into people having a strop because they are not told why they are omitted..