• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best pace bowler of all time?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think he would have gotten a game for Australia if the truth be told
Meh, he was no Dave Gilbert/Rod McCurdy that's for sure, but who is? I reckon he would have been a handy enough reserve to play 6 or 7 Tests. ;)

Last edited:

JBMAC

State Captain
:-O Sorry mate could not resist, we all know he is one of the all time greats:cool:

There you can cancel the flight:laugh:
**** Archie mac,I always thought the Kiwi was a flightless bird anyway.NZedders have NEVER been a threat to our Cricket supremacy anyway.We just let em win occasionally to keep their spirits up:laugh: :laugh:

Fiery

Banned
**** Archie mac,I always thought the Kiwi was a flightless bird anyway.NZedders have NEVER been a threat to our Cricket supremacy anyway.We just let em win occasionally to keep their spirits up:laugh: :laugh:
*Rolls eyes at JBMAC like this*...

8-) 8-) 8-)

Fiery

Banned
:laugh: We better lay off Fiery, or he might start on Trevor Chappell:ph34r:
It wasn't his fault, it was his brother Greg....but Trevor should have at least had the balls to say say "nah, mate....that's just wrong"...Rod Marsh was the only one who was saying that, and Chappell was too pig-headed to listen to him.

(Cheating Aussie *mutter, mutter*)

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
It wasn't his fault, it was his brother Greg....but Trevor should have at least had the balls to say say "nah, mate....that's just wrong"...Rod Marsh was the only one who was saying that, and Chappell was too pig-headed to listen to him.

(Cheating Aussie *mutter, mutter*)
Still grates tbh, as if McKenchie (spelling) would have come any where near hitting that ball over the fence8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Your quite right but the fact that he just might have if they had just bowled that ball to him! Thats enough.

JBMAC

State Captain
Hey how did that emerging plays tournament go recently? Didn't Aussie win it? No?
No The Aussies did not win the emerging series..ALL we have won is the last THREE World Cups are currently Ranked NUMBER ONE in ALL forms of the game..Whitewashed England in the last Ashes series FIVE to NIL...jeez we gotta leave something for the rest of you...We are not greedy:laugh: :laugh:

Fiery

Banned
Still grates tbh, as if McKenchie (spelling) would have come any where near hitting that ball over the fence8-)
He could kick them from halfway for the All Blacks....but you're right...he would struggle to hit a 1st ball 6 at the MCG

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
And the ironic thing is, it wasn't even to win the match, it was to tie...had the 6 been needed to win the game, I reckon we would never have seen the underarm ball. Chappell was more concerned with avoiding a replay at all costs.