• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali hits 700, hungry for more

adharcric

International Coach
Let's have some real tributes for the magician from Kandy. That's 700. How many more?

Tributes, comments, predictions ... go for it.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he will get 709 only in Hobart and will in all possibility have a quiet tour.

I am expecting Malinga to be the chief wicket taker in Australia with Vaas and Dilhara.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I just looked at his Tests/100 wickets breakdown...

1-100 - 27 Tests
101-200 - 16 Tests
201-300 - 15 Tests
301-400 - 14 Tests
401-500 - 15 Tests
501-600 - 15 Tests
601-700 - 12 Tests

Any way you look at it, irrespective of opposition or circumstance, that's absolutely astonishing. Congratulations to him, and he's got many many more left in him before he retires.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I just looked at his Tests/100 wickets breakdown...

1-100 - 27 Tests
101-200 - 16 Tests
201-300 - 15 Tests
301-400 - 14 Tests
401-500 - 15 Tests
501-600 - 15 Tests
601-700 - 12 Tests

Any way you look at it, irrespective of opposition or circumstance, that's absolutely astonishing. Congratulations to him, and he's got many many more left in him before he retires.
I am sure this has tro be a record.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I am sure this has tro be a record.
I think it must be for a hundred-to-hundred split. SF Barnes last 14 Tests yielded 118 wickets (71-189) but I can't imagine too many other splits of 100 or more wickets that can compare with Murali's 12 Test hurricane. An amazing achievement.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He averaged more than eight wickets a test during this period. I can't believe that if he took a 4 wicket haul in the first innings and 4 wicket haul in the second innings...it would still be a small step down from his usual performances.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
He averaged more than eight wickets a test during this period. I can't believe that if he took a 4 wicket haul in the first innings and 4 wicket haul in the second innings...it would still be a small step down from his usual performances.
Indeed mate, it's a ridiculous ratio. It seems like a rate of wicket-taking that must be impossible to maintain, but who's to say - he seems almost to be getting more prolific with age.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Murali in Australia should be great -- on one hand people will love him passing Warne, on the other the Aussies will love it if he struggles. Should be a great contest.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was excluding Zimbabwe and Bangladesh I think...as he does
Haha... I know... I was being facetious... but as no one noticed, I thought I'd let it ride... Don't seem to be doing too well with sarcasm of late. I think I'll stick to my usual, less subtle carry-on humour.

You appear to have dropped one Lady Mulberry.

Fiery

Banned
Haha... I know... I was being facetious... but as no one noticed, I thought I'd let it ride... Don't seem to be doing too well with sarcasm of late. I think I'll stick to my usual, less subtle carry-on humour.

You appear to have dropped one Lady Mulberry.
:laugh: I get it