• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cairnsy hits a big phat barkin' SAX!!!!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Legendary status:

iirc correctly Ian Healy hit a six to win a test for Australia v SA in SA in about 1997.

I think Ponting did the same thing over there no too long ago as well.

Tendulkar's assault on Akthar at the 2003 WC had some great shots, including some awesome sixes in it as well.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wasim once hit McDermott straight at Adelaide Oval, the shot went outside the stadium.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasim once hit McDermott straight at Adelaide Oval, the shot went outside the stadium.
I'm not sure if it went out of the ground, but I definitely remember him landing one in the bar area under the score board.

That is a MASSIVE hit. Probably the longest boundary in world cricket. Would've gone out of a lot of grounds.

Bouncer

State Regular
Imran had some hhuge sixes in mid-late 80's unfortunately videos of them are not available on yt.

Moin Khan in 199 WC played some un believable flick shots that went all the way specially of Mcgrath and Donald.

When it comes to bat swing, i think no body had a bigger bat swing than wasim Akrem, at 6'5" when he swung at ball, it was a usually a huge swing!

open365

International Vice-Captain
that and these once

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FOX8KO_oZxE&mode=related&search=

four huge, tall and handsome shots for six
Great shots, but the Hussain commentary annoys the hell out of me, how the **** were all of them proper shots and not slogs FFS? 3 of them were SLOG swept.

I know they were great shots, but Hussain seems to have it in his head that a slog cannot be a great shot and as such has to describe Afridi as playing proper shots whenever he scores runs.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Great shots, but the Hussain commentary annoys the hell out of me, how the **** were all of them proper shots and not slogs FFS? 3 of them were SLOG swept.

I know they were great shots, but Hussain seems to have it in his head that a slog cannot be a great shot and as such has to describe Afridi as playing proper shots whenever he scores runs.
Despite the name and Slog-Sweep doesn't always have to be a slog. A slog for me is flat footed and hoicking the ball from outside off, through cow-corner and that's it tbh.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Meh, not always, but calling what Afridi did in that video as 'playing proper cricket shots' is absurd.

He's just golf swinging them to the leg side, if you go about calling those proper cricket shots then you may aswell not use the term because you have just devalued it of all meaning.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Largest six I've seen personally was that Afridi shot at the WACA a couple of years back. Easy the biggest I've seen at the WACA in a long time, it would have kept going into Gloucester Park if the stand wasn't there.

Another couple of largeish ones there was Symonds a few years back against India, plonked a couple on the roof? (can't remember if it was players pavillion or the other small stand on the western side) but was a decent hit.