• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

simmy

International Regular
Mustard going was a big blow considering the game is now shortened.

KP looks nervous which makes me nervous!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I cant believe the current transformation in NZ's fielding. For the last year or so we've been average but in this series we've been hitting the stumps nearly everytime and some great catches have been made.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Key spell her from Vettori, and great start to it.
If NZ can dry up the boundaries here for a couple of overs then we could have a ripper of a game. If not, I think England will coast with Bell playing so well.

EDIT: But Bell hits Hitchcock for 4. Nice 50 for Bell.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This is the perfect game for Bell. Chasing a decent but moderate score allows him to play his own game at his own pace in conducting the chase.

Doesnt have to show any ability in changing gears or making his own decisions as to how quickly the scoring needs to be done (as the total is set).

This is the one role that Bell can do well in ODIs. Bat long in moderate chases.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
It's certainly far from a straightforward question, especially with the lack of Flintoff and Trescothick, but I'll have a go...

Cook
Bell
Afzaal
Pietersen
Collingwood
Shah \ Bopara
Read
Swann
Mascarenhas
Broad
Sidebottom.
I know for a while you & TEC have always mentioned Afzaal's name when talking about England's ODI side. Have seen him bat a few times for his county for Sky over the years & honestly never noticed much. So my question simply is why do you reckon he would or could have have made a really good ODI bat for England?

With the wicketkeeping in mind, I still see Read as a better option than Ambrose. I hope Ambrose doesn't play in this series - I want convincing evidence of Mustard's rubbishness, which 10 consecutive failures or relative failures would give - but if he goes well again in the one-day game this coming summer, I'll be happy to see him leapfrog Read.
Read in a way yea, but overall Pothas would be the answer in both forms of the game hands down. Don't see England are running from selecting him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The two key Lbw decisions have gone our way tonight. Oram's not out (Plumb) and Bell out despite the inside edge. Personally, I thought the Bell call was a toughie. A very thin inside edge.

In other news, Baxter's having a decent game. Though I did call that as Thigh Pad on first look.

Pietersen Gone. That looked well out.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Oh boy, what a captains effort from Vettori. Clutch!

2 key wickets. Justifying his place at the top of the rankings.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
ffs, Simon Doull thinks James Marshall should come into the side for Peter Fulton.

Thanks goodness that he isn't a selector. We don't need a Marshall in the team.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My good GOD! The commentators have just suggested a recall for James Marshall to replace Fulton. I can only hope Bracewell isn't listening as I can guarantee he'd be thinking, "Excellent. Everyone's forgotten how **** my ******* *** is. I'll be allowed to recall him now!"

Natman20

International Debutant
My good GOD! The commentators have just suggested a recall for James Marshall to replace Fulton. I can only hope Bracewell isn't listening as I can guarantee he'd be thinking, "Excellent. Everyone's forgotten how **** my ******* *** is. I'll be allowed to recall him now!"
Haha. Leave fulton alone and get Hay in for Taylor and put McCullum down the order.