• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The greatest match you've attended

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Carisbrook's your nearest ground?
Sure is and I feel privileged to say that I have played on that hallowed turf, but with no international cricket played there anymore the closest ground I could go to would be the Queenstown Events Centre which is about a 3 hour trip one way.

Flem274*

123/5
The only game I've been to was the List A final between Central Districts and Northern Districts a few years ago. Sadly CD lost but it was a close game. For the final all the international players were released. Oram, Sinclair, Taylor(Not a black cap at the time obviously), Mason, How (I think) vs Vettori, Tuffey, Marshall twins. Styris was injured but he was watching from the sidelines and chatting with people. Good bloke actualy. It's great to be able to walk up to an international and exchange a few words with them. Nice words obviously.:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sure is and I feel privileged to say that I have played on that hallowed turf, but with no international cricket played there anymore the closest ground I could go to would be the Queenstown Events Centre which is about a 3 hour trip one way.
International cricket has completely ceased to be played there? I'd noticed there hadn't been anything there for a while, but didn't realise it was terminal.

A shame, I liked that ground.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
International cricket has completely ceased to be played there? I'd noticed there hadn't been anything there for a while, but didn't realise it was terminal.

A shame, I liked that ground.
I think that's the case, something about the ground not being up to standard. Most of the domestic cricket that Otago play is at the University Oval, which is also quite a nice ground by all accounts.

JBMAC

State Captain
The Tied Test between Australia and the West Indies at the Gabba of the 1960/61 series. The most electric atmosphere i have EVER experienced at any sporting evevt [ and that includes 2 Olympic and 1 Commonwealth Games].The crowd did not leave the ground for about 2 hours after the game.

Fiery

Banned
The Tied Test between Australia and the West Indies at the Gabba of the 1960/61 series. The most electric atmosphere i have EVER experienced at any sporting evevt [ and that includes 2 Olympic and 1 Commonwealth Games].The crowd did not leave the ground for about 2 hours after the game.
Welcome to the forum JBMAC. Nice to have some experience added to the CW team :)