• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

(Slightly late) CW Awards for 13th-20th May

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He is a great contributor to the site, no doubt about it, but he can, with his style, really rub people up the wrong way. And my impression is (rightly or wrongly) that he doesn't actually mind it to much because he does give the impression that he enjoys the attention he gets.
I very much do mind when I "rub up the wrong way" people like Pratyush, Amir (np10) and Kev (Goughy). I don't enjoy it at all - most people on this forum I respect greatly and I assure you I categorically hate it when we get incidents like we did earlier in this thread.

There are one or two people who I don't respect at all on this forum, and I don't really give a **** if I rub them up the wrong way, and I don't either enjoy or not enjoy having them repeatedly throw crap my way. I'd like the place better without them, obviously, but as some wise person (he'll know who he is if he reads this post) once said to me "it's an internet forum mate, there's gimps all over the place". I have to take the rough with the smooth, it's exactly the same when I go to a club and the music's ****. That's life, you can't win 'em all.

I enjoy posting, and I enjoy having constructive discussions with most of the others who post on here. I don't think that qualifies as "loving the attention" or that sort of thing.

Swervy

International Captain
I very much do mind when I "rub up the wrong way" people like Pratyush, Amir (np10) and Kev (Goughy). I don't enjoy it at all - most people on this forum I respect greatly and I assure you I categorically hate it when we get incidents like we did earlier in this thread.

There are one or two people who I don't respect at all on this forum, and I don't really give a **** if I rub them up the wrong way, and I don't either enjoy or not enjoy having them repeatedly throw crap my way. I'd like the place better without them, obviously, but as some wise person (he'll know who he is if he reads this post) once said to me "it's an internet forum mate, there's gimps all over the place". I have to take the rough with the smooth, it's exactly the same when I go to a club and the music's ****. That's life, you can't win 'em all.

I enjoy posting, and I enjoy having constructive discussions with most of the others who post on here. I don't think that qualifies as "loving the attention" or that sort of thing.
Right, that is fine, I will take it that I have formed that impression wrongly:)

Nishant

International 12th Man
Not sure if i really should be jumping into this thread! Ive been following it for some time and always thought that it was best to keep out f it TBH..

But my point is that this problem needs to be resolved soon. We on CW here, are like a family. Some of us here chat with each other more than we do with some of our own family. Thats how strong the relationship between all of us is. The longer we drag on abt who is right and who is wrong, the faster we are breaking this relationship we hve amongst us.

Yh..sure..we cant just drop the whole thing and pretend that it never happened...but surely a comprimise can be made by all those in question.

There are some good points that have been made on this thread. It was pointed out, for example, that there are those who talk abt others behing their back...and as Richard said, its all part of human nature. But obviously, it doesnt mean that he is particulary proud of it.

Some ppl on this thraed need to realise that nobody hates them. So far as i know, CW is one forum where a decent community has been established...where ppl join have enjoyable conversations with others who have common interests. Nobody wants to come and make trouble and take shots at each other for no reason!

Get urselves together guys and think abt all the good times uve had together...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm actually disappointed Kev hasn't acknowledged what I said in reply to him, TBH.
Apologies, I didnt see a post to respond to. Its quite possible that I missed it.

TBH, like PY said, I kinda made my point and left the thread.

If there is something you want me to respond to I will as I certainly didnt ignore it on purpose.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure if i really should be jumping into this thread! Ive been following it for some time and always thought that it was best to keep out f it TBH..
There's no reason at all that you shouldn't. Every thread is open for everyone to say anything they feel needs to be said.
But my point is that this problem needs to be resolved soon. We on CW here, are like a family. Some of us here chat with each other more than we do with some of our own family. Thats how strong the relationship between all of us is. The longer we drag on abt who is right and who is wrong, the faster we are breaking this relationship we hve amongst us.

Yh..sure..we cant just drop the whole thing and pretend that it never happened...but surely a comprimise can be made by all those in question.

There are some good points that have been made on this thread. It was pointed out, for example, that there are those who talk abt others behing their back...and as Richard said, its all part of human nature. But obviously, it doesnt mean that he is particulary proud of it.

Some ppl on this thraed need to realise that nobody hates them. So far as i know, CW is one forum where a decent community has been established...where ppl join have enjoyable conversations with others who have common interests. Nobody wants to come and make trouble and take shots at each other for no reason!

Get urselves together guys and think abt all the good times uve had together...
I like that... very much... TBH. Some people might not take this place especially seriously, but I for one do feel that we have, for the most part, a superb community here. And I'd be very, very sad if this forum went down never to be restored, and I lost the MSNs of everyone on here. I'd feel that I'd lost plenty of good friends - even if I've met just a small handful of people in person. IMO it is, very much, possible to befriend people over the net.

I think the response to Fardin's tragic death told us one hell of a lot... it genuinely was like we had lost a member of the family.

You're a good guy, Nishant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Apologies, I didnt see a post to respond to. Its quite possible that I missed it.

TBH, like PY said, I kinda made my point and left the thread.

If there is something you want me to respond to I will as I certainly didnt ignore it on purpose.
This post was the one I was thinking of. I was kinda expecting you'd either just say "OK, fair enough" or continue to tell me why I had erred.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most replies ever on an Awards thread?
TBH... I don't think I'd call this an Awards thread from about the 30th post onwards. It has long since ceased to be about that, the same way every other thread (and there have been a few, and that's no bad reflection on the forum or anyone in particular, just a fact of life - things don't always go smoothly) which has contained comments of the nature that we've seen in the (and I'll say it again) two totally separate disputes on here has ceased to.

No-one should take it as a downer on the Awards, because the second, certainly, could have happened on any thread at any time. The first was related to the Awards, but could also have happened in another thread.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This post was the one I was thinking of. I was kinda expecting you'd either just say "OK, fair enough" or continue to tell me why I had erred.
I seem to have posted after that post but I guess not in direct response, but ok fair enough :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A whole lot of drama-queening going on in this thread really. I'm hoping it will stop soon
I disagree. I think certain people (naming no names - a bit like someone else) are just trying to make a molehill out of a mountain. There are issues which have been addressed in this thread which needed to be. And hopefully they now have been, and we can all move forward with some baggage removed.

Fiery

Banned
I disagree. I think certain people (naming no names - a bit like someone else) are just trying to make a molehill out of a mountain. There are issues which have been addressed in this thread which needed to be. And hopefully they now have been, and we can all move forward with some baggage removed.
Let's hope so mate

PY

International Coach
I'm not sure whether to post the reply to Swervy's post in my direction because I asked that people didn't do so it'd be hypocritical but feel it leaves a bad taste.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cripes. Honestly never thought I'd see a post like that from Pete.

Word-up, though - very much.

EDIT: hahahahahahhahaha, nice edit my man. I looked up after posting this and thought "uh? Where did that go?" :p