• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best pace attack post WC2007

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Harmison and Hoggard don't play ODIs, and Jones is far from a guranteed success in them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Akhtar/Asif/Gul/Sami

Lee/Tait/Clark/Watson

Ntini/Nel/Steyn/Pollock

Harmison/Flintoff/Hoggard/S Jones
In Tests it is England's attack. The others have big problems - like players being practically useless so far. England's attack is more sustained, shame our batting is so unbelievably pathetic.

Swervy

International Captain
In Tests it is England's attack. The others have big problems - like players being practically useless so far. England's attack is more sustained, shame our batting is so unbelievably pathetic.
yeah, if all four of those attacks were firing on all cylinders, I would be inclined to go for the England 4, in tests

pup11

International Coach
1.Lee
2.Clark
3.Tait
4.Gillespie
5.Johnson
6.Hilfenhaus
7.Watson

Any combination could be formed out of these 7 names.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
More IFs then anything else about the Australia attack. If Lee finds his feet at Test level. If Gillespie can lead the attack and return to his old form. If Tait, Johnson, Hilfenhaus are up to Test level. If Watson can take wickets at Test level. Can Clark continue to perform, when he will be the marked man, rather then the guy teams tired to attack.

The England attack well its about all four being on the park at the same time and performing well (in Harmison case). Who to say Jones will ever return to the heights he was before.

The has that Pakistan attack ever taken the field together and who to say Asif and Akhtar. Who is to say Akhtar will be able to get through a Test series.

Personally i would go with the South African attack as it is slightly more of certainty to perform at a certain level and well the depth in some way is better with Hall waiting in the wings.

But really this thread just shows the lack of quailty seamers around the world, nothing more.

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I like the look of SAs pace attack. The consistency of Pollock, aggression of Ntini, the pace and swing of Steyn, and the surprisingly good... bowling of Nel makes quite a devastating attack. It's a mighty shame they can't find a spinner to really complete the team.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The consistency of Pollock, aggression of Ntini, the pace and swing of Steyn, and the surprisingly good... bowling of Nel makes quite a devastating attack.
Reminds me of the beautiful girl who asked Einstein to marry her telling how their offspring would have the best of everything - her beauty and his brains. Einstein declined saying "just imagine if he had my looks and your brains'

The Big Cheese

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Reminds me of the beautiful girl who asked Einstein to marry her telling how their offspring would have the best of everything - her beauty and his brains. Einstein declined saying "just imagine if he had my looks and your brains'
Haha! :laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Proteas pace-attack is really good on bouncy tracks where their bowlers get good carry and pace through the wicket but they lack penetration in their bowling on slow and low tracks, and the lack of a quality spinner in their team also blunts their attack on slow and low tracks.

P.S.- Hahaha... SJS good one mate.

Flem274*

123/5
Bond/Mills/Franklin/Vettori :D
:laugh: It may well be, can't wait until we play SA and England. Then we can see how they compare. I reckon our future attack will be better than that one though.

Anderson/Bennet/Southee/Patel

Just a hunch.

Mills is more of an ODI bowler though....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:thumbsup: