• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI Faces Its Toughest Challenge

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The point I was making was that the contracts the players had made with the sponsors might not be over yet and there might be compilations because of it.

I haven't seen any one do some thing like that but what can you say if some one from the media asks you what you feel regarding earning money? If you say some thing frank, it might be pompous so people may go the moral route. Not some thing to be worked up on for me.
nope, I rather prefer if these guys speak the truth than spit out stuff like that......

And yeah, I do accept that the existing contracts would be a problem, but it looks like the rules will only come into effect for new contracts and that players can go ahead with existing contracts. Only that they shouldn't sign any new ones. Don't see why the cricketers have to make a such big deal of it, tbh. As far as I can see, this is only gonna hurt the new guys who come in and become stars, not the already established ones.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Last time I saw SreeSanth in a test series, he was average and His ODI performance has been so poor that he wasn't even picked for Single World Cup game, so for you to claim that SreeSanth has become a World Class talent under Chappell is pusre absurd.

Now about Yuvraj Singh - His test average since Chappell Took over has been 31 which is less than his avg 37.7 he had under Wright. In ODIs he has indeed performed a lot better but I dont know If that has anything to do with Chappell's coaching, because I didn't see any technical improvment in Yuvraj's batting.

Raina and Pathan can say whatever they want, it means zlich because their performance dont back their statements up. They obviously have to express their gratitude to their coach who kept backing them up despite their pathetic performance.
you cannot honestly tell me that Yuvi hasn't improved technically. He is not looking clueless against spin, even if he is facing a spinner at the start of his innings, anymore and his footwork is definitely much better than what it was earlier, at least in terms of front foot movement.

Yuvraj himself has said a no. of times that Greg has helped him become a better batsman than what he was earlier and so have a no. of other guys. I personally don't have a problem if Greg is going to be coaching kids in India about batting, there are few better qualified guys around. His main problem was in man-management and his hard-nosed (perhaps even high-nosed) attitude to the players he didn't like and the way he manipulated the media to get his things done. At the junior level, there won't be need for all this and I am perfectly happy if he is going to help India at that level.

adharcric

International Coach
I personally don't have a problem if Greg is going to be coaching kids in India about batting, there are few better qualified guys around. His main problem was in man-management and his hard-nosed (perhaps even high-nosed) attitude to the players he didn't like and the way he manipulated the media to get his things done. At the junior level, there won't be need for all this and I am perfectly happy if he is going to help India at that level.
Spot on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Since his return, Ganguly's strike rate has been < 70s in 4 out of 9 times he has batted.
And in 3 out of those 4 games, India have been bowled out for less than 200 in low scoring games.

So he's hardly the only one who didn't score that quickly...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't really understand this sponsorship thing. I don't think it was his endorsement deals that made Dhoni charge down the track twice in Bombay. I love how the board is trying to increase its own revenue at a moment when players are weak.

In any case, all the rest of the changes (if implemented) will be great.