• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Records are least likely to be broken?

pup11

International Coach
Hey guys what about Sachin's record number of centuries in odi's currently(41) and 14000 odd runs in odi's, can't see anyone coming anywhere near these two records in the near future.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hey guys what about Sachin's record number of centuries in odi's currently(41) and 14000 odd runs in odi's, can't see anyone coming anywhere near these two records in the near future.
I think those will be broken eventually with the number of ODI being played.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
well just like Akram's 500, 40 centuries wont stand for too long...

I am not comparing afridi to bradman....but his 37 ball hundred is as close to impossible as bradman's avg

even though cricket as gotten so fast, you still dont watch batsman scoring hundreds under 50 balls...forget about scoring a 100 at almost 3 runs every ball

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think those will be broken eventually with the number of ODI being played.
Not so sure about that. Certainly not many players, no matter how good, will play too many more ODIs than Sachin has over their career lengths as their respective boards would be wary of causing them undue stress and injury.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
I think the most difficult record to break will Afridi's 37 ball hundred, the second fastest is a joint record for Lara and Afridi in 45 balls, which is 8 balls or 21% more balls than the original record.
Not that it makes that much of a difference, but the second fastest is actually Mark Boucher's 44-ball century which he hit last year.

I agree with Poker Boy, 19 wickets in a Test is pretty unlikely to be bettered.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
Not that it makes that much of a difference, but the second fastest is actually Mark Boucher's 44-ball century which he hit last year.

I agree with Poker Boy, 19 wickets in a Test is pretty unlikely to be bettered.
thanks for correcting me.
But 7 balls is a big gap when you think about it. After all the hitting boucher did, he still had to play at a strike rate 30% faster than he actually did

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Bradman and Laker records are the most obvious, but let's be honest , this thread is just another feeble thinly disguised attempt to pay homage to the inadequate Afridi.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Basially;

FC Bowling average
FC Bowling strike-rate
FC Batting average
FC Batting, most runs
FC Bowling, most wickets
FC most matches
FC most catches
Test Batting Average
Test Best bowling analysis

And a few more.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Nathan Astle's fastest Test 200? Its gonna take some effort to get that. Leads Sehwag by 29 balls.
Even harder would be beating his 2nd 100 in that 200. Took just 39 balls to get from 100 to 200. Fastest test century from 0 to 100 is 56 balls

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Every record will be broken one day even if it takes a hundred million years. I always said my heart could never be broken, then I met Melanie Fosdyke.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Nathan Astle's fastest Test 200? Its gonna take some effort to get that. Leads Sehwag by 29 balls.
Even harder would be beating his 2nd 100 in that 200. Took just 39 balls to get from 100 to 200. Fastest test century from 0 to 100 is 56 balls
That's insane, can't see that being broken for a while.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
interestig...who was it against

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
That's insane, can't see that being broken for a while.
It was insane to listen to. Was listening to it on the radio in my car while breaking the speed limit to get home to watch it. Ofcourse, an over after i get home Astle knicks a wide Hoggard delivery behind. GUTTERED :-O