• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Twenty20 Is Boring Society Thread

FRAZ

International Captain
20 / 20 isn't the cricket that some conservative and keen followers of the game want it to be .
Yeah as I have seen a good following of some Happy Gilmorish type of fans , I think it should be kept just to the extent of city level fansy dress marketing shows with tiny grounds and some good shouting and screamings .

Spinksy

Banned
You are now a member of this prestigious club. Whoever posts in this thread is auto-matically a member. Now change your signature to say you are a member of this group. :cool:
Can't be bothered to be honest, how is it cool to be in a random group like this. Plus, it is hardly prestigeous. I'll join, not changing my signature though. By the way, Twenty20 is gun, not boring.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't these two be gagged from responding to each others' posts?

I don't terribly mind them spamming-up my thread here as it keeps it on the front page, but it gets very annoying elsewhere.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Warning: By posting in this thread you are automatically taking-out a subscription for life-membership to the Society.
Can't be bothered to be honest, how is it cool to be in a random group like this. Plus, it is hardly prestigeous. I'll join, not changing my signature though. By the way, Twenty20 is gun, not boring.

It is gun, you have NFI about Cricket and your tastes are way off if you like Twenty20 so much as to call it gun. That is a disrespect to Cricketers all over the world. Let me ask you a few questions. Please answer them all truthfully.

1) Twenty20 or ODI?
2) Test or Twenty20?
3) Test or ODI?
4) Twenty20, Test or ODI?

Spinksy

Banned
Can't these two be gagged from responding to each others' posts?

I don't terribly mind them spamming-up my thread here as it keeps it on the front page, but it gets very annoying elsewhere.
I'm spamming elsewhere? Why didn't you say so? I thought that it was fine, if I was annoying you and you told me before, then i would have stopped but you didn't, so I had no idea, you need to tell me these things ffs.

Spinksy

Banned

It is gun, you have NFI about Cricket and your tastes are way off if you like Twenty20 so much as to call it gun. That is a disrespect to Cricketers all over the world. Let me ask you a few questions. Please answer them all truthfully.

1) Twenty20 or ODI?
2) Test or Twenty20?
3) Test or ODI?
4) Twenty20, Test or ODI?
1) Twenty20 by far.
2) Test.
3) Test
4) Test

I didn't really see how me liking Twenty20 more then One Day Internationals is disrespectful to all cricketers all over the world, load of bull**** in my opinion. You cannot say that I have No Fricking Idea about cricket because I think that Twenty20 is a good format of the game.

Jakester1288

International Regular
1) Twenty20 by far.
2) Test.
3) Test
4) Test

I didn't really see how me liking Twenty20 more then One Day Internationals is disrespectful to all cricketers all over the world, load of bull**** in my opinion. You cannot say that I have No Fricking Idea about cricket because I think that Twenty20 is a good format of the game.
Ok, I respect that everyone has an opinion and that I went a bit over the top about the no idea about cricket and disrespect to cricketers. But, I still don't understand how you think that Twenty20 is better than One Day International Cricket. I do believe that it has some entertainment factor, but after more than three games a year, it just gets boring. I don't find it entertaining watching a batsmen play dire shots, swing across the line hoping he hits it and gets a boundary. That is definately not appealing to me and not appealing to many other Cricket lovers around the world. I would much rather settle into the tension of a test match, and watching batsmen defy the fastest of bowlers and the best of spinners for sessions on end. Much more entainment value in my opinion. Btw, One Day Cricket >>>>>>>>>>Twenty20 Cricket. :p

Spinksy

Banned
Ok, I respect that everyone has an opinion and that I went a bit over the top about the no idea about cricket and disrespect to cricketers. But, I still don't understand how you think that Twenty20 is better than One Day International Cricket. I do believe that it has some entertainment factor, but after more than three games a year, it just gets boring. I don't find it entertaining watching a batsmen play dire shots, swing across the line hoping he hits it and gets a boundary. That is definately not appealing to me and not appealing to many other Cricket lovers around the world. I would much rather settle into the tension of a test match, and watching batsmen defy the fastest of bowlers and the best of spinners for sessions on end. Much more entainment value in my opinion. Btw, One Day Cricket >>>>>>>>>>Twenty20 Cricket. :p
It is mainly appealing to me because the atmosphere that the crowd brings along to the match in itself, if you have ever been to a twenty20 cricket match then you will understand where I am coming from in that aspect of the game, to be honest with you One Day Internationals have died out to many cricket fans across the globe and has lost it's overall appeal. How about we end the discussion of this in this thread and move it along to the twenty20 or ODI thread which I think that you made earlier on here. Then we can have a proper debate and then it also is no longer off topic in any way what so ever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm spamming elsewhere? Why didn't you say so? I thought that it was fine, if I was annoying you and you told me before, then i would have stopped but you didn't, so I had no idea, you need to tell me these things ffs.
I'd have thought other people's reactions when the two of you had a posting exchange might have done so TBH but evidently not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Seriously, what "problems" (I say that as I've never really acknowledged that myself and tec's post wars in the past were really a problem) have come from myself and tec's posts in recent times?

pasag

RTDAS
Seriously, what "problems" (I say that as I've never really acknowledged that myself and tec's post wars in the past were really a problem) have come from myself and tec's posts in recent times?
The ninja didn't give it away?