• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CA bans the Mexican wave

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not true either. Only Prem games.
My point exactly...

And I'd be pretty surprised if there were more than a handful of non-all-seater Champ stadia left, either - haven't been taking any close watch for the last 8 or 9 seasons, tho...

And how many non-all-seater cricket stadia are there? Genuine question.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's a good chance none would come back and the tickets would be snapped-up instead by the type CA are hoping to attract?

Maybe that's a bit too wishful-thinking-ish.

C_C

International Captain
No problems whatsoever with my experience of the mexican wave.
Never had cups filled with urine or entire bottles smack me but that'd be deplorable.
As per getting some beer or food on my clothes - whopee frickin ding !
I prefer not to be so anal retentive about not making a mess while you are having fun.
As long as there is someone/some way of cleaning up after the match is over, i dont have a problem with people making a mess.
I don't wear expensive clothing to sporting events anyways and i've never had anything stick on me that a good shower/wash cycle wouldn't remove.
So its all good.

C_C

International Captain
That'd be after the riots.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Spot on.
IMO, this is *nal retentive of CA. Too much 'clap-clap-tip-your-hat-touche-ol-chap' mentality in there. Nothing wrong in having some good old school type fun so long as you don't end up doing something incredibly stupid.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
And how many non-all-seater cricket stadia are there? Genuine question.
Heaps. The Basin, John Davies Oval, McLean Park, Seddon Park, The WACA, Bellerive Oval, Adelaide Oval (I think there's some spots down the end?), New Wanderers. Those are just off the top of my head. There's bound to be a fair few more.

Craig

World Traveller
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Spot on.
IMO, this is *nal retentive of CA. Too much 'clap-clap-tip-your-hat-touche-ol-chap' mentality in there. Nothing wrong in having some good old school type fun so long as you don't end up doing something incredibly stupid.
Which they don't want by throwing **** up in the air. The wave isn't the problem, it is the stuff that gets thrown up is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Heaps. The Basin, John Davies Oval, McLean Park, Seddon Park, The WACA, Bellerive Oval, Adelaide Oval (I think there's some spots down the end?), New Wanderers. Those are just off the top of my head. There's bound to be a fair few more.
I was meaning in the stands, not on grassy banks.

And also was thinking of British international-standard stadia.

C_C

International Captain
Which they don't want by throwing **** up in the air. The wave isn't the problem, it is the stuff that gets thrown up is.
As i said, i'd have a problem with someone peeing in a cup and throwing that around but if someone's ketchup spills over or someone's beer falls over me - personally, i dont mind that much. IMO, the fun-filled and festive atmosphere created by the wave is well worth it putting an extra shirt/pant/socks in the washer and taking a shower right after i get back home.

I'd say barring violence/abuse and 'throwing your body wastes around' aspect, crowd dynamics is fine.
Sports crowd will never be like the Opera crowd simply because sports are not continuous events and involve unpredictable and frequent stoppages (foul/bowler walking back/batsman walking in, penalties, etc etc)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
As i said, i'd have a problem with someone peeing in a cup and throwing that around but if someone's ketchup spills over or someone's beer falls over me - personally, i dont mind that much. IMO, the fun-filled and festive atmosphere created by the wave is well worth it putting an extra shirt/pant/socks in the washer and taking a shower right after i get back home.

I'd say barring violence/abuse and 'throwing your body wastes around' aspect, crowd dynamics is fine.
Sports crowd will never be like the Opera crowd simply because sports are not continuous events and involve unpredictable and frequent stoppages (foul/bowler walking back/batsman walking in, penalties, etc etc)

But you said earlier you've never had beer thrown on you in a Mexican wave.

So really, thats just based on hypothetical.

Maybe you should go out and sit in the hot son with yobbo's pouring beer on you, then come back and tell us your opinion, okay? :happy:

C_C

International Captain
But you said earlier you've never had beer thrown on you in a Mexican wave.

So really, thats just based on hypothetical.

Maybe you should go out and sit in the hot son with yobbo's pouring beer on you, then come back and tell us your opinion, okay? :happy:
No, i meant i've never had cups of urine or entire 26-er glass bottle of beer thrown at me.
I've had to cop spillages and flying food stuff quite often - last was just a week ago when i attended the Canuck's game and had some extremely hot chick spill her entire cup of beer on my back !

Its like being in the cold rain for me, really : It sucks but after 15 minutes of mysery slopping around or smelling like vinegar (damn the rest of Canadians for insisting on eating fries with vinegar!), you get used to it so it doesnt bother you anymore.
Bleh, whatever.
I am just saying that i'd rather put up with all these 'normal' spillages because it brings a very good atmosphere to the ground that'd be lost if the crowd were made to give it up.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No, i meant i've never had cups of urine or entire 26-er glass bottle of beer thrown at me.
I've had to cop spillages and flying food stuff quite often - last was just a week ago when i attended the Canuck's game and had some extremely hot chick spill her entire cup of beer on my back !

Its like being in the cold rain for me, really : It sucks but after 15 minutes of mysery slopping around or smelling like vinegar (damn the rest of Canadians for insisting on eating fries with vinegar!), you get used to it so it doesnt bother you anymore.
Bleh, whatever.
I am just saying that i'd rather put up with all these 'normal' spillages because it brings a very good atmosphere to the ground that'd be lost if the crowd were made to give it up.

Yes but we're not talking about normal spillages that usually occur if you were to goto a sporting event. Thats the whole point of this.

Edit: Basically, if we could educate the crowds into doing the Mexican wave simply without having to throw anything, it'd be great. Because it's fun to do and fun to be apart of.

But once it happens with items being thrown, it isn't fun.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Basically, if we could educate the crowds into doing the Mexican wave simply without having to throw anything, it'd be great. Because it's fun to do and fun to be apart of.
Is it? :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

I can't say waving my hands once makes any noticeable impact on my day, TBH!