• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent on the Aussies........

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What, so having lots of mediocrity > having three superstars + some mediocrity?

Makes no sense.

NZ have had some good batsmen in ODIs, always - and on the rare occasions they haven't, they've been knocked-over cheaply.
You've missed my point. I'm not denying we have some good oneday batsmen, i'm saying that none of them at this stage are truly world class. For example none would make a World oneday XI on batting alone. I never said mediocre, you did 8-)

Natman20

International Debutant
In ODIs we dont even have a batsman ranked in the top 20. First its Fleming at 22 who is out of form and then Astle who just retired at 37 then the rest below or close to 50th. Suprisingly Vettori is ranked 3rd in the world for ODI bowling. I know he keeps the runs down but he doesnt take that many wickets at a good average does he? It must be because the ICC calculate it by quality of the opposition.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
No, but he could have said 'no comment' or 'I'll let by bat do the talking' or 'what is said on the field stays on the field' or
Well how about 'one game at a time' 'where not getting ahead of ourselves' there is no i in team'

But there is ME
Or in other words he could have spat out a whole bunch of cliches that tell us nothing and defeat the purpose of interviewing him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In ODIs we dont even have a batsman ranked in the top 20. First its Fleming at 22 who is out of form and then Astle who just retired at 37 then the rest below or close to 50th. Suprisingly Vettori is ranked 3rd in the world for ODI bowling. I know he keeps the runs down but he doesnt take that many wickets at a good average does he? It must be because the ICC calculate it by quality of the opposition.
But you have had, when you had some good batsmen.

Twose was 2 at least, possibly 1, because he was a damn superb ODI batsman.

And I'll call it right now that Taylor will one day do something similar.

howardj

International Coach
I don't mind Australia, within reason, 'hunting like a pack of wild dogs' in the field, so long as they respect the decisions of the Umpire. This is something that they didn't do on certain occasions in Ashes 2005, when they were under the pump. It's alright, like this Summer, to accept the decisions of the Umpire when you're on top. But it should be unconditional. It's fine to play hard, but you must still respect the traditions and tenents of the game in doing so - the main one being that the Umpire is always right.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All the more reason for the Umpire to always be right.

Get rid of all bar 1 every 100 Tests of bad decisions and you remove so much dissent from the game.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
Wasn't this thread about Vincent?

Good on you Lou; may your form continue so you can keep up the sledging of the AUS team. It makes a nice change.