• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vincent on the Aussies........

archie mac

International Coach
Maybe he plans that, too?

Harsh words by your standards, a m! :p
Especially when you here players from other countries suggesting that NZ are up there with the Aussies as the worst 'chatters'

Just heard the interview on the tele, does not sound anywhere near as bad 'live'

So I may have done Mr Vincent a disservice:(

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good on him for speaking his mind, but he'll sure as hell be in for it in the next game.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Makes him sound like a sook, have ago on the field by all means, but all of this running to the media seems like running to the teacher and having a cry 'he called me names miss'
To be fair to basically all public figures that get pilloried in this way, they almost never "run to the media", rather they respond to questions intended to provide good headlines.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Especially when you here players from other countries suggesting that NZ are up there with the Aussies as the worst 'chatters'

Just heard the interview on the tele, does not sound anywhere near as bad 'live'

So I may have done Mr Vincent a disservice:(
It certainly wouldn't be the first time a written piece has failed to convey the tone of some spoken words.

average2poor

Cricket Spectator
I think its fine what the aussies do. But like was said before it might actally motivate some batsmen to play better. Vincent is one of these. I also think McCullum won't back down from any fisty-cuffs. Yet to others it might work. Just ask Daryl Cullinan.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Makes him sound like a sook, have ago on the field by all means, but all of this running to the media seems like running to the teacher and having a cry 'he called me names miss'
Do you really think he rung up Newstalk ZB and said 'hey, I've got a few things to get off my chest (other than my chin)?"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was indeed asking if anyone thought of him as a genuine **** (I could be saying anything here, remember - that's the greatest thing about this filter).

The two interviews I've seen him give have not portrayed him in the greatest of light from a being-well-liked-as-you-well-like point-of-view

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I was indeed asking if anyone thought of him as a genuine **** (I could be saying anything here, remember - that's the greatest thing about this filter).

The two interviews I've seen him give have not portrayed him in the greatest of light from a being-well-liked-as-you-well-like point-of-view
In the interviews I've heard him he just says what he thinks and doesn't dance around the issues (like when he swore during an interview in NZ a while back).

Personally, I met him during the PM's XI match ages ago. Vettori, Cairns and others were acting (ironically) aloof and like rock stars (in some ways) when signing autographs.
Lou was up for a chat, a photograph and came across as a genuinely good guy. And nothnig much has changed in his attitude.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
:lol: at the press trying to make it sound like he was having a go at the Aussies when he said they were a "tight knit unit" and "hunt like a pack of dogs". Pretty big compliment, IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
:lol: at the press trying to make it sound like he was having a go at the Aussies when he said they were a "tight knit unit" and "hunt like a pack of dogs". Pretty big compliment, IMO.
Haha, exactly. In the Daily Telegraph today (I'm certain Dad has a subscription simply for the fact it's the most hilarious newspaper ever) with a 2 page spread in sports about it. Including "Loudmouth Lou hits out at Australia". I was in tears, because they were taking it so seriously and quoting him out of context.

And one of the "journalists" ended a column with "We've put a key opposition player off his game."

Did he even pay any attention at all to what he was saying? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Natman20

International Debutant
Vincent impressed me because he said right from the on-set I am not scared of the Aussies which is probably a mental issue some players face going into matches. I think hes tried to stay on top of their mind games and thats a strength you need to beat them even though Vincent probably doesnt have the class to do it all the time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it might have been the "as blokes they've got no time for you" comment more than anything else to be honest.