• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Young Batsmen in the world?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Fleming's First Class record in New Zealand, season by season....

91-92: 11.50
92-93: 38.63
93-94: 39.56
94-95: 34.75
95-96: 30.33
96-97: 39.00
97-98: 58.14
98-99: 42.22
99-00: 38.60
00-01: 50.20
01-02: 37.20
02-03: 22.16
03-04: 35.30
04-05: 38.50
05-06: 36.50
06-07: 18.57

Not exactly crash hot.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
If Gibbs plays for SA he must open. We know what he offers and his weaknesses. However, Id embrace them and put him back where he belongs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When was the last time he had the chance to face it?

IIRR he last opened in 2004\05... may be wrong.
He opened in the first Test against India late last year.

And in 2 Tests in Sri Lanka earlier last year. And in Tests against Australia and New Zealand last year.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Gibbs plays for SA he must open. We know what he offers and his weaknesses. However, Id embrace them and put him back where he belongs.
Have been my sentiments, too...

Unfortunately I feel the same way about de Villiers. :(

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He opened in the first Test against India late last year.

And in 2 Tests in Sri Lanka earlier last year. And in Tests against Australia and New Zealand last year.
Cripes, yes, I remember now...

How on Earth did I possibly forget that? :wacko:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In much the same way that Gayle must continue opening in ODIs, I agree with that. But the reason for shifting him down the order is understandable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
For my thoughts I refer you to the last post of page 2 :)
Uh?

How many posts-per-page do you have?

For me, the last post of page 2 was that banal, pathetic one below yours that I'm quoting from here, which I responded to with "8-)"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's FC stats aren't too flash from memory...?
He's getting better as he matures. In his last three seasons he's averaged 42, which still isn't mind blowing, but when you consider how dodgy New Zealand wickets tend to be (especially in the central north island, where he plays most of his cricket) and how much better that is than his overall FC average of 36.8, then he begins to look like a pretty good prospect in the longer form of the game.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Uh?

How many posts-per-page do you have?

For me, the last post of page 2 was that banal, pathetic one below yours that I'm quoting from here, which I responded to with "8-)"
Hmm, obviously different to you. Im guessing 15 pp as the post Im refering to is #30

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Upul Tharanga, Shahriar Nafees, Ross Taylor are just a few that spring to mind. Alongside AB de Villiers, Kevin Pietersen and Michael Clarke.