• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Young Batsmen in the world?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New Zealand FC stats generally aren't. New Zealand domestic stats in generally aren't exceptional. Ross Taylor doesn't average much less than Nathan Astle.
Correct, New Zealand is a very difficult breeding ground for batsmen to be consistent because of the inconsistent pitches.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Just throwing this out there...Mark Cosgrove...or Jack Mcnamara
Mark Cosgrove will never amount to anything as he's to busy bowling and eating pies.

Cameron White however is a gun. Another name for the future is Kumar Sarna.

pup11

International Coach
MICHAEL CLARKE is my pick for a simple reason his temprament, he is very good batsman but more importantly he is a team man to the core. No wonder he is tipped to be the next aussie captain.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
If Marlon Samuels continues his recent form I'd say he's up for contention. He's young enough I reckon.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Upul Tharanga for me, depends on whether you class KP or Clarke young or not
Beat me to it!

Upul Tharanga's been showing a lot of promise. Nuwan Kulasekera and Chamara Kapugedera have shown flashes too, I reckon, but not consistently.

Cook definitely has to be up there somewhere - he was found out a bit during the Ashes, but I reckon he'll come back and have a pretty fine summer. The boy just exudes class.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If 26 is considered young, then Pietersen leads the list, dominating both forms of the game.

Clarke, Bell, Cook, Yuvraj, Taylor, Tharanga etc, are all on the list as well, with some playing better in one form of the game then another.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Beat me to it!

Upul Tharanga's been showing a lot of promise. Nuwan Kulasekera and Chamara Kapugedera have shown flashes too, I reckon, but not consistently.

Cook definitely has to be up there somewhere - he was found out a bit during the Ashes, but I reckon he'll come back and have a pretty fine summer. The boy just exudes class.
Would this be your first post outside of BT 'dinho?? If it is... good to see :)

As for the topic of Discussion, i'd say Cook, he's only 22, and looks like being around a long long time. Just needs to sort out his habit of just poking at balls outside offstump and he'll be a star for quite some time imo

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Would this be your first post outside of BT 'dinho?? If it is... good to see :)
Nope - I've been lurking around a reasonable amount, with a few posts in various topics.

So what are we considering as "young"? 23 or 24 perhaps, or more "not yet established in world cricket"?

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
ross taylor has a heap of potential. i also like the look of ab de villiers and alastair cook.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I dont think any of the names discussed will end up as your Lara's, Sachin's or Ponting's.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Nope - I've been lurking around a reasonable amount, with a few posts in various topics.

So what are we considering as "young"? 23 or 24 perhaps, or more "not yet established in world cricket"?
I classify young as <25

DCC_legend

International Regular
Beat me to it!

i reckon his summer will be just as good if not better than last summer! I hope he goes far in international cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If Kulasekura's shown promise with the bat he's on-track to be quite the all-rounder!