• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The one player you want to play for your country

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Flintoff or Kallis for India.

Given that a bowling all rounder is the primary requirement for us, I would go for Flintoff.

Or maybe even Pollock.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, probably Asif. No real worries about our batting at the moment, though Kallis could be of value given that he's bowling well again. Still rather have another top flight pacer with a career ahead of him, so Asif.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Personally i think Sri Lanka need a batting all rounder, our batting is quite weak at times when teams get through Jayawardene and Sangakkara in Tests. Malinga, Vaas and Murali are pretty good as the main bowlers and if the batting all rounder is a seamer we can play the extra spinner.

Kallis is starting to get his bowling form back, Oram is bit too injury prone ATM, Flintoff showed in Australia that his batting can be weakness at times and his more of bowling all rounder.

So i would go with Dwayne Bravo, will slot in nicely at seven or three (if we want Sangakkara batting at four) in Tests and can bat at five in ODIs, and bowl some tidy overs, also a solid fielder.

Last edited:

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
For England: kumar Sangakarra - I think anyone who saw our wicketkeepers in the Ashes will know why....and he's younger than Gilchrist and Boucher.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
[*]Brett Lee has pace. His bowling unit rolls over batting sides cheaply. His team wins tournaments. Enough said![/list]
So what you're saying is Brett Lee is the key to Australia's bowling attack?

I hate to break it to you, but Brett Lee wouldn't cause the Indian bowling unit to roll over batting sides cheaply and India would certainly not suddenly start to win tournaments.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So what you're saying is Brett Lee is the key to Australia's bowling attack?

I hate to break it to you, but Brett Lee would cause the Indian bowling unit to roll over batting sides cheaply and India would certainly not suddenly start to win tournaments.
Brett Lee is not the key to Australia, but if that happened then why wouldn't India have the chance to win? It is our bowling that has historically let us down.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brett Lee is not the key to Australia, but if that happened then why wouldn't India have the chance to win? It is our bowling that has historically let us down.
It should have been "wouldn't". It was a pretty obvious typo, given the rest of the post.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
I would have Chris Gayle for Pakistan. Great explosive opener for both form forms of the game and can play long innings. Decent off break bowler too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
For England: kumar Sangakarra - I think anyone who saw our wicketkeepers in the Ashes will know why....and he's younger than Gilchrist and Boucher.
Yeah, he'd get my vote too. Keeper looks like being a real issue for us for a while. Potentially we're not too badly served in any other area if we could get our best XI fit at any one time.