• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing namesakes

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
David Steele - Northants and England Cricketer.
David Steele - Guitarist with The Beat and Fine Young Cannibals.
David Steel - Nitwit leader of the Liberal Party in the 70's.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah. Never seen it. I have to say it did cross my mind as I posted my request for clarification. Is it worth watching btw?

Craig

World Traveller
Ian Bell - Either a English Test number 3 or a Scottish Jazz muscian who died in 2004 (thanks Wiki :p)

Graeme Smith - Either the captain of the South African cricket team or the goal keeper for Scottish football (soccer) club Motherwell or a former Olympic Swimmer who won a Bronze in the Atlanta Olympics in the 1500m free style.
Also somebody who I work with.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Matthew Elliott - Former Australian Test opener and Rugby League coach who now coaches the Penrith Panthers - both pretty ordinary IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Should do just fine on the upcoming Sri Lankan tour imo. Mendis could be a handful though.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard Dickinson - CW celebrity
Richard Dickinson - recipient of first ASBO in Berkshire
Haha, my name is truly a widespread one, ITBT. Was astonished when I first Googled it at how many different hits it brought-up.

My favourite namesake is this guy. Went to see them a few years ago even though I'm no Hendrix fan at all, was vaguely impressed. Went and spoke to him after the thing, he was like "yeah, people come up to me and say 'I'm a Rich Dickinson as well!' pretty often, we've got quite a common name". Ind33d, my man, ind33d.